Norman Hyde rear sets refined

daleCarlsbad

Scooter
Personally………………I am not a fan of rubber foot pegs with their clunky style and vague, disconnected feel.

So after installing the NHs I decided to personalize with a set of Emgo 50-11211 Honda pegs ($25). With just a bit of filing off of the inside edge, the pegs are a perfect fit.

These pegs will also lower your foot placement by ¾ inch, and for my taste was an added bonus.

IMG_0004-4.jpg

IMG_0003-3.jpg

IMG_0002-2.jpg

IMG_0001-1.jpg

IMG_0005-3.jpg

yellowrubiu

Street Tracker
Awesome! The floor is nice too but I guess the other toys in there would require something like that, I think I see a Mini an Audi....:drive:

daleCarlsbad

Scooter
Yep.............the Mini S has been a great project car and a blast to drive. The 08 Audi is the wife's vehicle of choice.

As for the floor..........it is Race Deck, and the alternate to an epoxy coating. Cost was about the same, but it only took a few hours to install as aposed to 3-days, plus I have a spalling issue (water seeping up after a rain...white fussy stuff) so went with Race Deck. Year 8 and still holding up as new.

No link to the pegs, as purchased at a local cycle shop but most places can order Emco stuff so you should not have a problem getting a set.

My garage is not nearly as clean as the McLaren effort...........but remember we live in the sunshine state and mud, snow, dust, and grit are not really something to contend with.

IMG_0031.jpg

dx2.jpg

Last edited:

Hollywood

Scooter
Damn, you've got some nice rides there!!!! So many options--- "Hmm, maybe I'll take the red 675 today... Or the other red 675, just because... or the 904, or the dual sport. Fuck it, I'm going dirt riding..." Nice!!! ;)

Hey if you need another Bonnie, I'm selling one in Jax. lol... But seriously.

daleCarlsbad

Scooter
Phil-1100

Interesting that your NHs allow for the spring-back type pegs!

As mine did not....I tightened the pegs so they would not "flop" up, which is a bit of a design flaw with the NHs.....not being self positioning!

Anyway....a bit more refinement as I cut off 1/2 inch of the outer portion of the brake peddle as this ensures my boot does not touch the pedal while moving around on the pegs. Also the black, plastic bits to cover the open hole on the end of the pegs.

IMG_0001-3.jpg

IMG_0002-3.jpg

daleCarlsbad

Scooter
Damn, you've got some nice rides there!!!! So many options--- "Hmm, maybe I'll take the red 675 today... Or the other red 675, just because... or the 904, or the dual sport. Fuck it, I'm going dirt riding..." Nice!!! ;)

No kids..............the only toys at the house are mine!!

cynr1023

TT Racer
Now How to get rid of the black rubberized to knob shifter thingy! I wear tan seude boots for work and it leaves a pretty nasty mark after a while. I'd be interested in someone's solution?! Nice looking collection of toys you got there!

loxpump

Rocker
I see two different types of peg mounts and shifter boot. Mine are like Dales and mount on the outside with no spring and my shifter boot is like Phils. I'd like to have the spring.

cynr1023

TT Racer
I've seen the neoprene shifter boot, that shit looks gay (not that there's anything wrong with that) I'm hoping someone has come up with a different peg there. I can't wear black boots in uniform!