Nology

rodburner

Rocker
Is your bike an 09? Cuz my bike is an 04 and I`m on my second set of plugs in 22,000+ miles,with ZERO ignition problems. Just curious.

mikenva

Rocker
That Nology stuff is no better then stock .I had all that shit its a waste of good money.Wont help at all.I put the stock parts back on my bike runs as good or better.

DandyDoug

750cc
Unfortunately I had the same results, went back to stock and the bike is fine.

From old hot rod days I remember that improving spark has some limited benifit to improving performance unless you improve breathing and fuel delivery at the same time. That was with old points, and weak dwell timing issues. In the modern stuff with much cleaner burns and stronger spark to begin with , I'm not sure you get much bang for your $$.

ivar

TT Racer
Had the stock coil fail on me this summer and ordered a replacement "PVL" coil from motobins.co.uk , an UK based BMW dealer. Cost £25 ea. and is supposedly the same coil that Nology rebrands and sells with a nice markup.

SCBonneville

Two Stroke
Unfortunately I had the same results, went back to stock and the bike is fine.

From old hot rod days I remember that improving spark has some limited benifit to improving performance unless you improve breathing and fuel delivery at the same time. That was with old points, and weak dwell timing issues. In the modern stuff with much cleaner burns and stronger spark to begin with , I'm not sure you get much bang for your $$.

Ahhh.. The "secret" revealed!! Just increasing the spark does nothing to increase performance... You need to tune the engine to take advantage of it...

Most people don't and can't "feel" any difference between to two because they don't do anything to take advantage of it... A hotter spark will give a more complete burn of the air/fuel mixture... The stock set up does a reasonable job...

If it was me, stick with the stock unit and if/when it starts to go bad, replace it with the Nology stuff... It's less expensive than the Triumph replacement stuff.

mikenva

Rocker
fact is the stock spark is as hot as you need it to be thats all that maters.After you get enough spark getting more wont help at all.

Chris in NC

Street Tracker
I fried the coil on my '01 street tracker. I replaced it w/ a Nology coil and wires, and the bike runs better than ever.

bdavanza

Street Tracker
Nology on a stock bike- waste of $ unless your stock stuff quit working. The Nologu coil is cheaper than OEM Triumph, and looked identical. Those plug wires look like smoke and mirrors to me. I emailed them about the life expectancy of the built in capacitors and they never replied. Looks like one more thing to go wrong. Consider that superbikes have normal plug wires from the factory.
Bang for the buck is in pipes, airbox, suspension.

mikenva

Rocker
Nology on a stock bike- waste of $ unless your stock stuff quit working. The Nologu coil is cheaper than OEM Triumph, and looked identical. Those plug wires look like smoke and mirrors to me. I emailed them about the life expectancy of the built in capacitors and they never replied. Looks like one more thing to go wrong. Consider that superbikes have normal plug wires from the factory.
Bang for the buck is in pipes, airbox, suspension.
+1 on that smoke and mirrors about some them up.The dont help on a built bike ether.

Texas94fs

Hooligan
For these to actually help you would have to have drastically improved the amount of air and fuel in the combustion chamber, and then the ability for the exhaust to escape and be scavenged. On a built built bike with a very well worked head/cam and exhaust combination it would help to a degree but more in just the smoothness of the motor not so much in the power department

mikenva

Rocker
For these to actually help you would have to have drastically improved the amount of air and fuel in the combustion chamber, and then the ability for the exhaust to escape and be scavenged. On a built built bike with a very well worked head/cam and exhaust combination it would help to a degree but more in just the smoothness of the motor not so much in the power department
My bike is built about as much as one can be and i can tell you from testing it dont help a thing on our bikes.

daleCarlsbad

Scooter
Nology.....great product....but only if you are running a 904 cc modded motor. Big pistons, big cams, exhaust, carbs, intake....then you can see the benefits.

If you are running a stock bike.................forget it. :yawn:

mikenva

Rocker
Nology.....great product....but only if you are running a 904 cc modded motor. Big pistons, big cams, exhaust, carbs, intake....then you can see the benefits.

If you are running a stock bike.................forget it. :yawn:
dang i guess they dont work the same on a 989 stroker motor with big valve ported head ,42mm carbs and D&D 2INTO1 race pipes that i have lol.They didnt pick mine up one bit.
Where do you guys hear this stuff from ?

T

ttbonnie

save your self time and money and just get the exhaust ARK ,AI removal kit and the nology set up! I noticed a huge difference from stock to open ..
my next step is predetors,
( I know ive been saying that for a long time but Im 1800 miles away from it and dont want sancho/jodie riding anything cooler than he has too )..jk ..
than suspension, brakes 904 kit and better carbs ooh and stainless steel braided cables.. I heard that will give you at least 3 hp per cable :lol3:
tt..
bottom line just do it and welcome to the madness