No Stinking Badges...

REVOLT

Street Tracker
Some sanding of the filler primer tomorrow...a good cleaning...then a few fresh coats of the Good Ole' Red Oxide...

badgeless014.jpg

I think I'm going to make a belt buckle out of one of the badges? Ha!
Cheers!!

REVOLT

Street Tracker
Why is it...

that the unfinshed/underconstruction look appeals to me so much over shiny/bright/purdy? On my way to work this morning with the tank still in Grey Primer...I started dig'n the mix? Hmmmmmm...I'm not going to keep it that way...it will all be Red Oxide again, but the "Being Farked with" look just appeals to me? Anyhow...on the way home today it started to snow real hard and the roads were slushy...and the tank got a sheen to it while it was wet...looked pretty cool? Oh well...back to the paint box!!
badgeless018.jpg

Cheers!
MONDO

rodburner

Rocker
If it was Duplicolor gray,the matching sealer makes it a shade or 2 darker and then you hit it with clear for gloss.
Are you gonna drop some stripes this time? I`d like to see some progress with that birthday present of yours.

REVOLT

Street Tracker
Tough as nails!

how does the red oxide primer hold up to gasoline on the tank? Ever spilled some on it while refilling?

I have spilled quit a few times, more than I would like to admit (damn locking triggers!!)...and never had one bubble, flaw, discolor, zero, zip, nada! The stuff is tough...Rain...rain...sun...no problem! I'm really happy with it! Hot summer days...freezing temps...only one chip from a stone that sounded like it went through the tank when it hit...about the size of a ball point pen...never cracked and/or flaked. When I did get a scratch from my tank bag...I'd wipe the tank with a cloth and WD40...every scuff would disappear.

Steve!!! You are the MAN!!! Thank you Tons!!! Tons!!! Wow!!! I really appreciate it!!! I really do!!! Now I need to get some practice time in...I'll keep you posted! Thanks Again Steve!!

Cheers!!
MONDO

REVOLT

Street Tracker
So after a quick wash (Last one was in November) from the rain and crap on the roads for the last 3 months...I put'er all back together...Sans the badges...
badgelessdone006.jpg

I like this shot a lot...I forgot how nice the wheels look when spiffied up a bit!
badgelessdone003.jpg

badgelessdone002.jpg

So we've had some awesome weather lately...suppose to rain all next week, time to get dirty again!!

Cheers!
MONDO

D9

Vendor
Mondo... one great lookin' bike... somehow removing the badges pulls the whole
show together even more... who'd have thought? But there it is... she rocks!

Last edited:
that's one badass unique ride with lots of little details that add to the overall package. I bet it doesn't get lost in a parking lot!

Steve!!! You are the MAN!!! Thank you Tons!!! Tons!!! Wow!!! I really appreciate it!!! I really do!!! Now I need to get some practice time in...I'll keep you posted! Thanks Again Steve!!

Cheers!!
MONDO

so what was the BD present? A little gas welder (just a guess)?

Texas94fs

Hooligan
That thing looks wicked, I didn't expect to like it sans badges but I really do. You definitely have one nice ride there.