No Ozzi Riders Allowed Thread

LoVel

Two Stroke
Just wanted them to know how it felt to be excluded. :mad2:

I know they wouldn't dare open this thread so you guys feel free to dis em. :poke:

JimmyR

Street Tracker
I'm almost as far from most of these "Ozzie" riders as you guys in the US. Anyway, I'm an Aussie, not an Ozzie.

I believe in being inclusive. As long as you can make it to a get-together in NSW you are welcome!

wobblygong

Street Tracker
Musicswapshoppe started the Ossie Riders only thread back in 2009 with the intention of getting Aussie riders connected so that they could organise rides and swap notes on local issues. I'm pretty sure it was not his intention then, to create an exclusive group. It is not the case today.
I have dropped out of the NBR scene for a while to concentrate on my battle with cancer. I would look in every now and again between chemotherapy treatments to see what's been going on. Some of the older NBR members will remember my posts and I had the pleasure of meeting up and staying with three US members when I visited Canada & America back in 2010. The friendliness and warmth shown by you guys towards me and my wife was fantastic. We remain good mates and converse regularly. When my cancer progressed to the point where I had the give motorcycling away, the sincere thoughts and best wishes expressed by some NBR members from all over was deeply appreciated.
Unfortunately, there seems to me to be an unpleasantness creeping into posts on this forum over recent times which I find distressing. Some of that unpleasantness has been directed towards the Aussie members, some of it has its origins in social and cultural prejudices.

I'll say no more other than to say farewell to you all. I have a far, far greater battle to fight with my cancer which is now regarded as terminal. Arrivederci!

Wobbly

Motley

750cc
Musicswapshoppe started the Ossie Riders only thread back in 2009 with the intention of getting Aussie riders connected so that they could organise rides and swap notes on local issues. I'm pretty sure it was not his intention then, to create an exclusive group. It is not the case today.
I have dropped out of the NBR scene for a while to concentrate on my battle with cancer. I would look in every now and again between chemotherapy treatments to see what's been going on. Some of the older NBR members will remember my posts and I had the pleasure of meeting up and staying with three US members when I visited Canada & America back in 2010. The friendliness and warmth shown by you guys towards me and my wife was fantastic. We remain good mates and converse regularly. When my cancer progressed to the point where I had the give motorcycling away, the sincere thoughts and best wishes expressed by some NBR members from all over was deeply appreciated.
Unfortunately, there seems to me to be an unpleasantness creeping into posts on this forum over recent times which I find distressing. Some of that unpleasantness has been directed towards the Aussie members, some of it has its origins in social and cultural prejudices.

I'll say no more other than to say farewell to you all. I have a far, far greater battle to fight with my cancer which is now regarded as terminal. Arrivederci!

Wobbly

Keep fighting mate...don't let the bastard win!

All the best.

Bonafide

NBR founder
Wobbly ..

Keep up the good fight bro ..

As for social and cultural prejudices against Aussie members? Really? I dont see that. No one here is being judgemental against them because they're from Australia or Australian born. If anything, that thread has allowed them to socialize with some exclusivity .. and it's coming across to the rest of the members here as rudeness.

simpson

TT Racer
Keep fighting, Wobbly!

What's to hate about Aussies?

...don't get me started on those damned Kiwis, though. :D

-simpson

I don't think anyone here thinks the Aussie thread was rude. I think you dudes missed the point of this thread. It was a sarcastic little post poking fun at the "Aussi Riders Only" thread.

I think the tone was overlooked. LoVel was just saying "Fine. let's see how you like it!" in a totally tongue-in-cheek kind of way. Like good-natured ribbing over a pint of Fosters. : )

JimmyR

Street Tracker
I didn't see the no Aussie thread as being anti-Aussie. And I'm an Aussie! I think somebody is getting their knickers in a knot over nothing. Just fight the big fight Wobby. Good luck mate! It isn't easy I know.

BTW do you septics know what a wobbygong is?

marty

Scooter
Can't see what all fuss is about :flag:

There are plenty of local social groups on NBC

Aussie Riders
British Riders
Arizona Riders
New Mexico Riders
Swedish Riders

Remember we're all Bonneville riders that's the important thing.

:cheers:

Kiwi

Two Stroke
Keep fighting, Wobbly!

What's to hate about Aussies?

...don't get me started on those damned Kiwis, though. :D

-simpson
Oi that's enough of that, you just keep picking on the aussies, they deserve it ... damn yanks. :fight: :popcorn2:

haha, it's all good fun, I never saw any intended malice in either of the threads, just good natured piss taking :cheers: