newby with handlebar questions

cynr1023

TT Racer
Here's the two after market bars I've had on mine

Drag bars from newbonneville.com I didn't have the Pazzo Short Levers in this picture.

100_3851.jpg

and the Ace bars, purchased off a board member, with the Pazzo Shorties, which I like, I only use two fingers anyway.

33447f9f33eb__1253950054000.jpg

I took a "logical" procession with the bars. Going from stock to the Drag bars leaned me forward and gave me a little bit of room, the Ace bars pull me further forward and give me even more space(I'm 6'3" so I'm happier with that) as well as giving my bike the "look" I wanted. . They did take some getting used to(about 3 weeks, and I rode pretty much every day) and I've not had a "leverage" problem, but that may be because I'm a fairly large guy and a little bit of "body english" will really go a long way when you weight 230#.

Drag bars from newbonneville.com I didn't have the Pazzo Short Levers in this picture.

100_3851.jpg

How did you like the drag bars? I noticed you don't have risers? I've been meaning to get them, but I'm worried the bars will hit the tank? How was the width, steering and full turns without risers?

I'm looking for a clean lower look that's simple and easy to ride, not a lot of angle at the wrists and not too much leaning in.

cynr1023

TT Racer
I liked the Drag bars, you'll notice a dent on the upper left side of the tank, I went off at about 30 miles an hour. I didn't have them adjusted properly and they hit the tank. This is my first bike and I never thought about clearance issues. They didn't hit "normally" but when you land the bike on them they give a little and "ding". I didn't have any issues with a full lock turn, leverage is fine, but I'm bigger than average so I have a bit more leverage than most.