Newbie Intro and my 10th post, finally!

08BB

Scooter
I've been a Triumph fan since a boy. My uncle and dad rode and raced both Triumphs and BSA's in West Texas. As a kid I rode a cub then a highly modified Bonneville in a Chainey frame, better known as a desert sled. I've riden that sled 100's of miles in the desert, hill climbing (non comp) and in the mountains and loved every minute. Fast forward 15 or more years and life took over in the form of a career, marriage and a kid with little to no riding (bummer). I inherited the CCM BSA desert sled from my uncle and my 71 yr old dad has the Chainey twin and, he is supposed to have rebuilt the twin and helped me setup an electronic ignition on the single...which I've waited 7 years for him to do, and am still waiting. SO, last month I bought a used stock 2008 Bonneville Black and have already done a couple mods and got my dad to take her for the spin and guess what he is stoked and back in his garage ordering parts for the old twin. Man did he grin the whole time he was in the saddle...and I bet it had been more than twenty years since he last rode. I'm keeping my fingers crossed to be able to ride with him and learn a lot here while upgrading my bike and riding as much as I can. Great, now that I've got the intro out of the way, I can PM the classifieds and hopefully get some fair deals

Later

Last edited:

mark66

TT Racer
08BB, nice background and post, welcome to the forum. Hope you get to have a few good rides with your dad. I'm 63 and a few years back that is exactly what my son did to me. Got me to dig out my '72 BSA from the basement where it had been stored for 25 or so years and we got it going. He now rides with me when they can visit, not to much any more, but I really look forward to the times we do ride. He got me to buy a newer bike and we also got a '70 BSA that we fixed up, anyway, keep after him. Sounds like you've got the fire in him lit again. He'll enjoy the hell out of this.

08BB

Scooter
@ mark66 and simpson...I appreciate the welcome and yeap thats kinda what its all about...riding together and returning to him what he gave to me. Live well and ride often...see ya around the forum.

strokerlmt

I've been a Triumph fan since a boy. My uncle and dad rode and raced both Triumphs and BSA's in West Texas. As a kid I rode a cub then a highly modified Bonneville in a Chainey frame, better known as a desert sled. I've riden that sled 100's of miles in the desert, hill climbing (non comp) and in the mountains and loved every minute. Fast forward 15 or more years and life took over in the form of a career, marriage and a kid with little to no riding (bummer). I inherited the CCM BSA desert sled from my uncle and my 71 yr old dad has the Chainey twin and, he is supposed to have rebuilt the twin and helped me setup an electronic ignition on the single...which I've waited 7 years for him to do, and am still waiting. SO, last month I bought a used stock 2008 Bonneville Black and have already done a couple mods and got my dad to take her for the spin and guess what he is stoked and back in his garage ordering parts for the old twin. Man did he grin the whole time he was in the saddle...and I bet it had been more than twenty years since he last rode. I'm keeping my fingers crossed to be able to ride with him and learn a lot here while upgrading my bike and riding as much as I can. Great, now that I've got the intro out of the way, I can PM the classifieds and hopefully get some fair deals

Later

What a great story. Welcome.....looking forward to seeing some pictures of the "oldies".
LMT

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
This is a great story and I hope you get to enjoy your Trumpet with your old man as well...welcome!

Bonnie08

Scooter
Welcome! Were you ever able to get your hands on a copy of the manual? I just bought an 08 Bonnie as well. I hope you're enjoying it as much as I am! Would you be able to send me over a copy of the manual? I'm having a hell of a time trying to download it.

Thanks!