New Triumph Tourer - spy pics

jhillier71

Street Tracker
F'ugly but what do i know....

(Source: Cycle Canada website) Spy shots of an all-new Triumph touring machine have recently emerged online. UK publication motorcyclenews.com posted photos last week of a shaft driven large displacement motorcycle it claims is the Triumph Trophy reborn. Though there are no logos to be seen anywhere on the bike, MCN says their trace of its licence plate number shows the vehicle's make to be a Triumph from the Hinckley area (the manufacturer's home), not to mention the fact that the rider is decked out in full Triumph leathers. Triumph ceased production of the Trophy in 2003. Speculation is that this new model is powered by an all-new motor in the 1200 - 1400 cc range, to make it competitive with such tourers as Kawasaki's Concours 1400 and BMW’s K1300GT, and MCN says it has insider information that the new mill will also replace the Tiger's 1050 cc lump to make Triumph's large displacement monster trailie more competitive in the adventure touring market.

Attachments

• 058485_Triumph.jpg
    058485_Triumph.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 058486_Triumph.jpg
    058486_Triumph.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 0

Dave

Street Tracker
Triumph is doing all the right things by marketing a big variety of bikes for a big variety of riders. Not everyone wants a cruiser, or a standard, or a sport bike, or a dual purpose... They are really getting their bases covered, and if they traded stock publicly I would buy as much as I could. I'm sure they will have as much success with this as they do with every other bike they make.

DandyDoug

750cc
I saw this recently on the MTF and wondered how long it would take to show up here and on other Triumph web sites.
I personally believe this is the direction along with the new 800 on/off road models coming to market that Triumph should be taking.
Screw all that Jap crap, and let's dominate the BMW market at a price point mere mortals can afford.

Hamr Mark

TT Racer
Hey 71...

I was about to write a letter to Cycle Canada and I saw the same article.

I was (am?) sitting on the fence about the new Tiger, but this bike? Nope, no way, nadda. I mean good for Triumph for trying, but it's def. not for me.

FoothillRyder

Two Stroke
I must say, I don't care for the looks of that thing. The Trophy is a beautiful machine for a tourer, will hold it's own against its 'real' competition, and is less than 50lbs heavier than my Scrambler. This thing looks like it'll be just like the others, ie. too heavy.

Comfort is a perception. To me, comfort on a tourer is a responsive bike with enough performance to have fun and enough wind protection to reduce my exposure to the elements. My Trophy serves that end perfectly. :D