New to forum

Hi all,

Just thought I'd introduce myself to the forum and start looking around and learning. I just picked up an '08 T100 with 4500 miles on it this weekend and can't wait till I get it on the road. Unfortunately my bike is a bit of a project, as it seems it took on a deer with it's former owner. I don't know how the deer came out, but the bike was considered a loss.... :fight3:

I've had all sorts of different bikes over the last 30 years and have a real soft spot for a bike that looks like a bike, not a rocket ship or something you need a 6ft ladder to climb aboard. I found the new bonnie about a year ago and have been looking for one off and on. I can't wait till she's back on the road.

So if anyone has any spare parts that they would like to sell, let me know as I'm looking for:

Speedo
Gauge panel
Mirror
Turn Signal (left front)
Headlight ring
Handle bar
Foot peg (left)
Front fender & supports
Upper oil line for the cooler

I know I can go aftermarket on several of the items and I've even repaird a few of the damaged parts. I'll be reading what everyone's done to their bikes and learn, learn, learn. I'm a tinkerer by heart, so I know there's some suspension swaps, jetting, and airbox mods coming, but I just want to roll down the road before I jump into that fun. :)

Thanks for a great forum!

Jeff

Attachments

• HPIM2428.jpg
    HPIM2428.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 0

hankmarx

750cc
Howdy Jeffrey, welcome.

I've got the turn signal. the mirror, and the handlebars.
T-boned a deer , huh? And the forks are still good?

Well, you found a good place, alot of quality people here.

Thanks for the welcome! I live in Vancouver Washington, which is just across the river from Portland Oregon.

A lot of the black tail deer in this area barely get over 100lb, so they aren't as big as some, but I don't disagree it's still hard on the equipment when you smack one. It appears that the impact from the deer was more of a side swipe, as the only hair I can find is stuck in the upper oil line. The most damage was done to the speedometer and it's mount, with just minor scratching on a mirror, and most of the hard hit areas being the left footpeg and it's mount along with the shift lever. The forks may be bent, but they are not obvious at this time. They do rotate in their mounts quite easily, so if they are bent, it's pretty small, and I'll have to determine that either by riding or pulling them and taking a closer look. If they are toast, F3 tubes sound like a good way to go if I'm going to have to spend the $$.

Hankmarx, if it's ok to talk about parts and purchasing outside the classifieds area, could you email me with info: [email protected], or I can post in the wanted section and handle it there. I need to reread the rules on this forum, I don't want to anger any mods in my 1st couple of days. :)

Thanks again for the welcome,

Jeff

tchef

Scooter
Hi all,

Just thought I'd introduce myself to the forum and start looking around and learning. I just picked up an '08 T100 with 4500 miles on it this weekend and can't wait till I get it on the road. Unfortunately my bike is a bit of a project, as it seems it took on a deer with it's former owner. I don't know how the deer came out, but the bike was considered a loss.... :fight3:

I've had all sorts of different bikes over the last 30 years and have a real soft spot for a bike that looks like a bike, not a rocket ship or something you need a 6ft ladder to climb aboard. I found the new bonnie about a year ago and have been looking for one off and on. I can't wait till she's back on the road.

So if anyone has any spare parts that they would like to sell, let me know as I'm looking for:

Speedo
Gauge panel
Mirror
Turn Signal (left front)
Headlight ring
Handle bar
Foot peg (left)
Front fender & supports
Upper oil line for the cooler

I know I can go aftermarket on several of the items and I've even repaird a few of the damaged parts. I'll be reading what everyone's done to their bikes and learn, learn, learn. I'm a tinkerer by heart, so I know there's some suspension swaps, jetting, and airbox mods coming, but I just want to roll down the road before I jump into that fun. :)

Thanks for a great forum!

Jeff

I have a 2007 gauge panel, you pay shipping it's your's:rockon: