new tires = new bike

bkiser

Scooter
I just got new tires put on the Bonnie Black...wow...like getting a new bike!

I went with ContiTrail Attacks in stock sizes. They just feel so nice and smooth! I will write a review on the tires after I put a few more miles on them. All I can say now is that they are way better than the 2003 BT45s that came off.

Brian

Deano

Two Stroke
+ 1 on the new bike feel. I'm not sure if you are fimiliar with the stock tires they put on the scramblers, called trailwings. What absolute peices of crap they are. When they got down they made the bike feel like it was coming apart at 100km. And when you look across the tire, the profile is so bumpy. I put some Avon diztanzia's on, and it was exactly like getting on another bike. Best upgrade I have done.:rock:

Lone Trumpet

Street Tracker
Most all Bridgestones tires are crap IMO. I've been thinking about the Conti Trail Attacks myself... looking forward to that review.

Bossman

moped
Bonneville tires

Hi: A good Triumph dealer here in the US recommended the Pirelli Sport Demon tires and they are far superior to the stock BS BattleAx's that came stock on my 2006 Bonnie. The black tar "snakes" in the road are no longer noticeable, tires are way smoother and hold far better in the curves. Seem be be wearing well also.

bkiser

Scooter
I put about 100 miles on the tires yesterday. I mostly heeded warnings about new tires and mold release, etc, so I didn't really push anything. But, they are smooth, sticky, and stable on tar snakes. Also, they turn in REALLY well, but part of that sensation could just be that I was used to a squared off BT-45 on the back. If they wear well, I will be really happy. Part of the reason I got them was that the front tire only ran $60.

ivar

TT Racer
Most all Bridgestones tires are crap IMO.

I've heard from several sources that B'Stone OEM tires are lower spec (cheaper) than their retail tires...
Anyone..?

Anyway, going from worn and squirrely BT45's to Dunlop GT501's , the bike felt virtually impervious to tar snakes and grooves afterwards. Needs a new front tire now as its worn out and cupped, but it still feels confident.

Thinking of fitting Tourances next, as I intend to try to get some miles on gravel this summer.