New tailights

rodburner

Rocker
My Kuryakyn brake light controller had seen better days,so I had to put her down. But I still wanted to retain the 2 light setup,and incorporate my LED micro lasers.So,a little cutting,welding,grinding and drilling this morning,produced a couple 3 way lighting pods.
bikemovies018.jpg

bikemovies024.jpg

bikemovies029.jpg

bikemovies030.jpg

bikemovies031.jpg

bikemovies032.jpg

bikemovies036.jpg

DavidC

Rocker
The ability to work so deftly with metal and heat must be so fucking handy while owning a motorcycle. Those lights look cool.

rodburner

Rocker
crazy good as usual, I'm anxious to see the finished deal.

Hey Jeff. The last pic above is the finished piece.The lights are installed and wired in,in that pic.
Here`s a night pic with just the tail light.The brake light is twice as bright and the blinker LED is amber.
bikemovies037.jpg

And 94FS,the lights are $25 a set,thats 2 lights,with a hi/low wiring set up built in.I`m probably going to mount my last set at the tip of the seat,just for the hell of it. I got them on ebay.

Texas94fs

Hooligan
that bike is fuckin amazing! just wire them into the stock stuff?. . .means i could re mount my license plate and clean the whole ass end up . . . and ditch the not so bright tailight that has amost gotten me killed

rodburner

Rocker
nice job. whats the trophy for?

1st place amateur 1000+ watts USAC SpringFling 1995. My final year in car stereo contests. My kids made me keep it cuz its taller than I am.:rocks:Now ,I`m saving it for firewood.:w
And David,if I cleaned my garage,I wouldn`t be able to find anything.

Last edited:

nickletooth

Scooter
a dab hand with the metal glue i see,cool lights.i love your bike by the way. it kind of looks like its always been that way, effortless.

rodburner

Rocker
a dab hand with the metal glue
Is that Swedish slang for old geezer who only knows how to gas weld?:) When I know I won`t be grinding them smooth,I put out a little more effort.Here`s a INSIDE bead on my boardtrack tank project..
bikemovies231.jpg

and the nearly finished tank.
bikemovies241.jpg

I like the lights too.

rodburner

Rocker
Thanks Buck. I took pix of nearly every stage,and completed both tanks[the tail holds gas too],but didn`t like the final capacity [1.3gal each],but they both came out airtight and fit good,so it will make a good template for the larger tank I started a couple days ago.I want 2-1/2 to 3 up front for weight distribution.When I get one to my liking,I`ll put up a new thread. BTW,the pictured tank isn`t going to waste,a friend of my brother is buying it to run on a small displacement SaltFlats bike.I`ll believe it when I see it.