new suspension

wolfie

Two Stroke
I just bought a set of zrx take offs, and ordered some Progressive front springs. I pulled the trigger on pod filters and jets yesterday as well.

I'm looking forward to some twisty fun this summer!

CAPTDON

Street Tracker
Suspension

Yeah I am gonna get into that as well. The ft springs wont break the bank, but the RR shocks are a BIT expensive!! That may set the time frame a bit?
If I am gonna do it- its gonna be the BEST!! The ole girl is 5 yrs old & needs a new pair of shoes!! She WILL get Florsheims!! Might be eating a lot of cheap past for a while tho? Gotta do it tho!!

wolfie

Two Stroke
I picked up my zrx take offs from zrxoa.com for $155 shipped. I just placed an add in the parts wanted section. Took less than a day.

I understand the wallet pinch though. I'm just feeling rich because I got my tax return back.

Better hurry up and spend it so I can be poor again.

wolfie

Two Stroke
I haven't received them yet, but my understanding is that the stock bushings will not work. I haven't decided whether to try and scavenge my old bushings, or buy a set from my local auto parts shop.

PieMan

Two Stroke
Much less damage if you use a small socket on one side of the bush and a large socket on the other, put the lot in a vice and tighten. The smaller socket will push the bush out of the shock and into the larger socket. Just use the smaller socket and vice to press the new bush back in the shock.

If I remember correctly, you only need to replace one set of bushes, but I can't remember if it was top or bottom.

The KYB are great shocks for our bikes.

wolfie

Two Stroke
Much less damage if you use a small socket on one side of the bush and a large socket on the other, put the lot in a vice and tighten. The smaller socket will push the bush out of the shock and into the larger socket. Just use the smaller socket and vice to press the new bush back in the shock.

If I remember correctly, you only need to replace one set of bushes, but I can't remember if it was top or bottom.

The KYB are great shocks for our bikes.

Clever! I'll give that a go. Thanks.

NewOldSchool

Two Stroke
I did the socket thing too... but got frustrated and grabbed a screwdriver. 123 done no damage at all. Either way... simple as hell. And yeah only the top side if I can remember correctly.

I also bought mine from a member of the ZRX owners forum...ZRXOA. I posted a "Wanted ZRX Shocks" ad on the forum, http://zrxoa.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=137 , and got several responses.

The shocks top bushing is the right size. The bottom bushing is too small, so you'll need to get a 12mm bushing/damper from Kawasaki...part # 92075-1141 (you're actually ordering the top busing and putting it in the bottom). My Triumph dealer ordered the bushings using the kawasaki part number. Cost was about $10 for the pair.Or you could use the Thruxton's bottom bushing, but then if you wanted to sell the Thruxton shocks, they wouldn't have thier bushings. I don't have a vice, so I used a threaded rod, 1" fender washers, two nuts, small socket and large socket and did something similar to Pie's method. Your mufflers may touch the shock's springs, so you might need to use spacers between the mufflers mounting tab and the frame mount...I did.

1052776_081101_024143_5836.png

IMG_8109.jpg

IMG_8110.jpg

IMG_8112.jpg

Last edited:

wolfie

Two Stroke
Installed them last night, as well as doing my cheapo air box chop. I'm very happy with the results.