New Sargent Saddle

gcrider

Street Tracker
Here's pics of my Scram with the Gel seat (looks just like stock) and with the stock seat reworked by Sargent. The Sargent seat had 1/2" of the stock foam removed and 1-1/2" of their SuperCell foam added for a total height increase of 1" while maintaining as much of the stock appearance as possible.

STOCK:
IMG_0006.jpg

MODIFIED:
IMG_0011.jpg

The difference can be seen in these photos, but without the stocker for comparison it's hard to tell any difference. It sure FEELS different though. The Sargent seat feels MUCH better. I had the stock top-to-bottom taper maintained as height was added, so the top is slightly narrower now. Better feel between the legs for sure. The new foam is comfortable but firm.

After a couple more rides to make sure we're dialed, my solo seat and gel seat will be for sale. Stay tuned to the classifieds if you're looking for one of those...

Last edited:

GuyM

Street Tracker
I like that... Maintains the stock look pretty well, and should be quite a bit more comfortable. I may have to give 'em a call... Thanks for the photos & info.

Oil Burner

Scooter
Now that you've had it for awhile, any further thoughts about it? Anything you'd do different, or still happy with the work Sargent did?

I only ask because it looks like I'll be going the same route. If you don't mind, what did it run you?

gcrider

Street Tracker
I've been out of town a TON, and have only been able to put a couple of rides on the seat. I do like it though. Numb butt is considerably diminished. The slightly taller height opens up the hip angle a little too. Overall cost was $265 which included shipping back to me from Sargent, but not my cost of shipping to them.