New rear suspension for a lower Bonnie

fletcher

Scooter
Slick - when I say 'take it back', I mean I got a store credit! So now I have to work out what to spend it on. They have a really nice womens fit thunderbird leather jacket or a nice Shoei helmet or maybe a deposit on a little 250 as my run-about bike for round town ...

I don't like the wind hitting me for a couple of hours either but I'm a bit nervous now about a screen. I'll try it without for a while and see what I reckon.

I am trying this out. Really makes some "dead air" behind it. The look is apporiate for a classic bike, but not sure I like it. Good to ride with. The Ace bars fit it well too. I perfer the cleaner look of no windscreen.

Last edited:

fletcher

Scooter
I quite like that screen. How easy is it to detach? Can you add it easily for a day's ride then remove it at the end of the day?

Fletcher:

Has two brackets that fit on the headlight bolts that come with the fairing. I fabricated two small brackets on the lower part of the fairing that attach to the regulator bolts. So it comes off pretty easy. Got it from JCWhitney for $79.

chopz

moped
i had to put 60mm add on to the front forks and go up a size on the rear tyre so as to stop scraping the footpegs-had the rear shocks reconditioned at 25 thousand kms -they were worn out-bike still handles great. done 65thousand kms atm all still good -i would love some rubber gaiters to fit the extended forks tho,

I used Progressive brand front springs the ones specified as 1" lower. Alot better handling. Just put on a steering damper from Bellacorse this week, really made the bike feel more solid. Had one instance of high speed wobble, disconcerting. Be interesting when I put the Perrelli Sport Deamons on as soon as the rear is finished. I think this will be the max for handling for a resonable prices.