New Progressive springs all around

aleonet100

Two Stroke
Just replaced the shocks and fork springs on my 2005 T100. Went with Progressive 412 in the rear, stock length, and Progressive springs in the forks. The quick ten mile test ride was very nice. I’ve always read and been told how much better the ride would be with an upgraded suspension. But for the average, non-track day type rider, how do you quantify “better”? Let me give it a shot.

The rear shocks were replaced a couple days ago. The difference wasn’t dramatic. Better, but not “holy cow who’s bike is this?!” better. What I did notice was how the rear wheel was sticking to the ground better over rough surfaces. Hit a bump and the rear would return the road surface quickly and stay there without the pogo stick bounce happening. So that alone is worth it. But it was firmer than I expected.

The fork springs went in tonight and that’s what really brought it all together. Front end dive on breaking and shifting? Bye-bye! Much like the improved rear, the front end now glides over the bumps and returns to position and stays there instead of slamming into to a bump and bouncing. It’s certainly a firmer feel all around but not a harsher ride, if that makes sense. I can see a long day in the saddle not being much of a chore.

Turn ins also felt a little easier. Not quite as much effort was needed to lean it into a turn. Slight change there.

So there’s my two cents. Hope that helps anyone considering the change.

Attachments

• IMAG0489.jpg
    IMAG0489.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 0
  • IMAG0490.jpg
    IMAG0490.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 0

Kirkus51

Hooligan
Set of Kawasaki kz shocks on the back (Thrux length) and intimidators under the front springs. Way way better than stock.

Progressives for my 2011 T100?

I've covered almost 6000 miles on my new t100(a Valentine's present from my bride) and am thinking its time to do the suspension modifications. Progressive lists its shocks and fork springs for the Bonneville through 2010. No one wants to sell me the components until they are listed as compatible with the 2011 model year. I can't find any distinctions between the 2010 and 2011 T100 other than paint combinations. There should not be a problem with this modification, should there? Thanks to all.

RoyNC

Street Tracker
I've been considering the suspension upgrade myself and your write up is very well done and makes sense to me.

The only thing I don't understand is what I am doing wrong because I don't get fork dive when shifting or stopping? I like the handling characteristics you mentioned but would my crazy style of riding exasberate something for the worse?