new owner of a familiar bike in the atl area

sanjuro

Two Stroke
hey, just wanted to take a minute to introduce myself...stumbled across this site about a week ago and figured out i'm the owner of DrewDesign007's bike.

so far it seems like a pretty friendly site, good community with lots of info and stuff. i noticed a good amount of members from the north ga area...it would be cool to meet up at some point. also, i'm closing in fast on that 12,000 mile mark...can someone point me in the direction of a good place to get 12k servicing done?

cheers!

DavidC

Rocker
Hello from semi-beautiful New Jersey, the Garden State where every day is as good as the one before [whatever the hell that means].
Pretty wild that you bought a members bike. I seem to recall it was a sharp looking ride.
The 12 k checkup? Why not get a manual and try it yourself? Lots of help to be found here. You can save a bunch of bucks to spend for spiffy new parts, beer, books, chalk, lawn chairs, you know, all sorts of stuff.
Good luck with the new ride!

KingBear

Hooligan
DrewDesign's Bike? Better make sure you clean the seat nice and good before you sit on it! :D

Welcome!!

sanjuro

Two Stroke
thanks for the welcomes and bike compliments. yeah, i liked the pics of the bike, but when i saw her in person i fell in love. i've been slowly debating what changes and mods i may make once money allows. i'm more than happy as she is right now after nearly 3 months, so i'm in no rush. what all does the 12k involve anyway? i can change oil fine, but the whole valve adjustment thing has me nervous about any diy work. either way, i plan on picking up a shop manual. one last thing...what's this about cleaning the seat? i mean the bike was detailed before drew handed her over, but do i need to burn the seat and call my dr?

sanjuro

Two Stroke
saw him about a month ago to get the last of the paperwork and spare keys for the bike...he's doing good, still talking about getting a cb 750. i could tell he misses the bonnie, and hard to blame him.

jb's Bonne

Two Stroke
welcome sanjuro! glad you joined us. what are you doin this Sat? you want to meet up somewhere and ride? Maybe I can get a few other guys from the North Georgia area to ride on Sat. PM me and let me know.

DavidC

Rocker
thanks for the welcomes and bike compliments. yeah, i liked the pics of the bike, but when i saw her in person i fell in love. i've been slowly debating what changes and mods i may make once money allows. i'm more than happy as she is right now after nearly 3 months, so i'm in no rush. what all does the 12k involve anyway? i can change oil fine, but the whole valve adjustment thing has me nervous about any diy work. either way, i plan on picking up a shop manual. one last thing...what's this about cleaning the seat? i mean the bike was detailed before drew handed her over, but do i need to burn the seat and call my dr?

The 12k, other than the usual 6k checks, is valve adjustment check, spark plugs, and I think air filter. Maybe a carb balance. Yeah, maybe you ought to take it to a shop if you're unsure.

sanjuro

Two Stroke
hey jb, thanks for the invite. i'm gonna have to pass for this saturday, already have plans, but i should be free next saturday if that works for you.

ThruxTonUp

TT Racer
Sanjuro - where you at in Canton? - I'm near Hickory Flats / 140 and East Cherokee. I ride 2-3 times a week so whenever your ready. I go to the bike night at Hooters in Canton on Thurs quite a bit, not hard to spot - often the only triumph there.

sanjuro

Two Stroke
Sanjuro - where you at in Canton? - I'm near Hickory Flats / 140 and East Cherokee. I ride 2-3 times a week so whenever your ready. I go to the bike night at Hooters in Canton on Thurs quite a bit, not hard to spot - often the only triumph there.

i live off exit 14 along 575. used to work at that publix at 140 and east cherokee. i ride in that area every now and then because my parents live over that way and there's some fun roads around there. my roommate mentioned something about the hooters bike nite, i may have to help double the triumph population soon.

ThruxTonUp

TT Racer
i live off exit 14 along 575. used to work at that publix at 140 and east cherokee. i ride in that area every now and then because my parents live over that way and there's some fun roads around there. my roommate mentioned something about the hooters bike nite, i may have to help double the triumph population soon.

I live 1.5 miles from that publix - off Bart Manous rd (which cuts from 140 over to E Cherokee) So we are very close - I'm riding with JB Sat you should meet up with us. I've done a bit of work on Drews bike, bars, mirrors, etc. Tell that gypsie to stay in touch.

sanjuro

Two Stroke
saturday sounds good...gotta work late friday night so 9:30 in dahlonega is gonna be rough. i have jb's number, so worst case i'll sleep in and meet up with you.

ThruxTonUp

TT Racer
saturday sounds good...gotta work late friday night so 9:30 in dahlonega is gonna be rough. i have jb's number, so worst case i'll sleep in and meet up with you.

We stop at this little Mexican joint around lunch in Ellijay, it's just off the square, can't remember the name but Jb knows it. We usually grab a bite in dalonega so could hang there till 10:00a.m.

The quick way up from Canton is GA 20 to 369. Take a right on Bannister Rd over to GA 9. Take 9 up to Dawsonville untill it merges with GA 60 and goes right into Dalonega. Take the 1st light that goes into downtown Dalonega and at the square go right and turn into that little parking lot across from the courthouse. We'll be hanging at that cafe outside at the tables - bikes parked in front.

I'd meet and ride up with ya but, I'm at our place in Blue Ridge all weekend and will be coming down GA 60 from the north to Dalonega.

sanjuro

Two Stroke
Aww man I miss HOTLANTA.. welcome mate.. post pics of your bike...

I'll cheat and repost the pics from when drew had her...
CIMG1595.jpg

CIMG1596.jpg

Just a few more adjustments...

haven't had the money to further customize her yet, but i'll try to get my hands on a camera and post a few more pics soon.