New Norton- any real world reviews?

Skidmark

Scooter
Yes I know this is the Triumph forum but there is a rumour that the Commandos are going to be available in Oz some time in the not too distant future.
I cannot find any thing on the web that does appear to be an infomercial placed by Norton or the MCN video.
Does anyone know of anyone who has given a 1st person review or if there is a similar "New Commando Forum" any where.
Google has not helped.

Thanks in advance

Skiddy

Pete R

Banned
Trumpy + Commando = Perfect Shed Partners :cheers:

Oh, plus a '65 Bonneville Thruxton and a JPS Commando. Phwoar...better go have a tug...

DandyDoug

750cc
There have been a couple reviews posted by the Brit mag MCN , they did a video ride comparing the Norton with a current Bonneville. Not a very fair match up.

The guys from California are currently at Bonneville for Speed Week and Alan Cathcart is setting some pretty impressive times on the new Norton.

Two guy's I know have bikes on order here in the states, but there was some hold up due to emissions or whatever with the California smog people. ( It's always something from that group !!)

Skidmark

Scooter
Thanks drlapo and in case anyone else wants it.

http://www.cycleworld.com/motorcycl...q3/norton_commando_961_se_-_riding_impression

He's fairly positive about it and see's the 270 crank as a plus.

I'll have to find out when they are getting here, next question which bike goes the Thruxton or the 50th Aniv Bonnie?
SWMBO said I could have a Paul Smart rep as a house decoration but it was tied to various other furniture requests that made the Ducati look cheap.
Skiddy

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
22 degrees of rake. wow, seriously sporty

its a bad ass bike, sounds perfect for me, but no one has one, no one has seen any....

Let's see, pushrods, five speed tranny, 270 motor, way to much $$$$$$$$
for that old technology. I'll keep my Bonnie black, thank you very much.

I wish them well but, they will have to reduce that stupid price a whole bunch before people like me can afford to purchase one.