New chrome cups/bracket for T100

Kappy

Two Stroke
I ordered from D9 - the metal artist - a new instrument mounting bracket and cups plus some other goodies. But today I looked at my stock cups and it seems that I have a problem........:(

Does anyone has experience of how to remove the reset button on the (electronic) speedometer? :shh:

Fortunately I still have time to figure it out as D9 is preparing them ....the easiest would be that I dismantle the cups now before the items arrive but that's what I really would like to avoid so any help advice is appreciated !!!!!

Kappy

SCBonneville

Two Stroke
I ordered from D9 - the metal artist - a new instrument mounting bracket and cups plus some other goodies. But today I looked at my stock cups and it seems that I have a problem........:(

Does anyone has experience of how to remove the reset button on the (electronic) speedometer? :shh:

Fortunately I still have time to figure it out as D9 is preparing them ....the easiest would be that I dismantle the cups now before the items arrive but that's what I really would like to avoid so any help advice is appreciated !!!!!

Kappy

Not sure on the new electronic speedos...may be the same... it has to be attached some how... I'd think a screw would be easiest... but on the old ones:

There is a VERY small phillips head (I'm pretty sure) screw recessed way down at the bottom....

A set of jewelers or eye glass sized screw drivers will work... Go at it VERY easily... no ham fisted technique... or you gall out the head of the screw..

Last edited:

Kappy

Two Stroke
That's the problem with the new once : I cannot find a screw in the button!
Ans as ì have the only T100 in Dubai - guaranteed -:) - I cannot ask a dealer or so !
But thanks for the hint !

Kappy

Two Stroke
Seth, I tried it yesterday both ways but it does not move. Actually I was quite worried that I break the button. There is also no tiny screw in the reset button as it was in the previous version.

ThruxtonSE

Scooter
Kappy,

I have fitted a D9 instrument lowering bracket to my 10MY Thruxton with an electronic speedo, however used the original cups so didn't need to swap the reset button.

The reset button on the side of the speedo/odo housing is part of the gauge cup (not the gauge). From memory, the retaining mechanism for the reset button is located on the inside of the original gauge cup, so you will have to separate the original cup from the gauge in order to dismantle the button and swap it to the new D9 cup.

DSC02652.jpg

Let us know how you go.

Marcel

Kappy

Two Stroke
Many thanks Marcel, I will pass on your insides to Seth as we are currently trying to figure out how it would work.