New bonnie tire pressure?

phil

Street Tracker
I think it depends on what type of tire you have, The metzlers I got with the bike says 41 in the back and 36 in the front. There a sticker on the back to that tells you aswell.

T-boy

Rocker
Mine says 33 front, 38 rear. I check the pressure every 2 - 3 weeks. Usually down a pound or 2.

Thanks all. I got it form the dealer and have been driving for a week, and noticed a bit of movement in the back in turns---not really a slide, but something not right. I bought a pressure gauge and it turns out the rear tire had 10 psi or so.

I hope I don't have a leak. I think I have around 38 psi or so in the rear now, and it's much, much better.

strokerlmt

I check my tires before I ride. I have a gauge in the garage. I also filled my rear and front ....then tapped it several times with my boot. Not scientific but I bet I could tell if I was 5lbs down. Sounds corny but I kick the tires after every stop.....looks good....probably stupid but it makes me feel better.
LMT
BTW I have never had a blow out , flat tire, lose of air whatever in all my riding years.

koifarm

Hooligan
Tried running mine with the sidecar at recommended pressures but find that a couple pounds down on the front and rear make it handle a bit better. The sidecar tire runs at 32psi. It seemed a bit "bouncy" or stiff with factory pressures and seems smoother with them down a bit. I do check about every other time I go out though...and change to summer air on May 20 and back to winter air on Labor day.

KingBear

Hooligan
This brings up the point that it's a real PAIN IN THE ASS for me to put air in the tires. I have to push the chuck against the valve really, really hard to get any air flowing at all. Is there one chuck that's better than another? Mine's just a regular one like this...

44471_300.jpg

aquinas

Scooter
I stumbled across this post because I could not get any of the rather large tire chucks and gauges to fit my stock '08 Bonnie valve stems.

I like the idea of the gauge on the chuck that Koifarm posted above.
http://www.autosportcatalog.com/tire-gauge-with-filler-chuck.cfm

Can anyone else recommend a good gauge? I have the air compressor in the garage and inspect her regularly but I hate digging around between the spokes and getting dirty before work. I'm looking for the easiest one you guys have found. thanks

I stumbled across this post because I could not get any of the rather large tire chucks and gauges to fit my stock '08 Bonnie valve stems.

I like the idea of the gauge on the chuck that Koifarm posted above.
http://www.autosportcatalog.com/tire-gauge-with-filler-chuck.cfm

Can anyone else recommend a good gauge? I have the air compressor in the garage and inspect her regularly but I hate digging around between the spokes and getting dirty before work. I'm looking for the easiest one you guys have found. thanks

A really good top of the line gauge is pretty expensive but is very accurate...this is a gauge I recommend and will be getting it soon:

http://www.motionpro.com/motorcycle/partno/08-0402/

Ive used it first hand and it's awesome. It adjusts to the environment's barometric pressure by opening up a nipple. Once done, you will have very accurate air pressure readings. This is especially important for track riding where a couple pounds can make a difference. You will never have to worry abotu this gauge being inaccurate.

northcountry

Two Stroke
Air

Like most I top off every couple weeks. A few lbs. less, as better on the gravel roads. Thinking where is it leaking? Got an old trailer, (ford axle-tires) and in 15 yrs. have never topped off. Is it the stems, thinner tubes or????

TXRider60

Scooter
I've always done the weekly pressure checks, on every motorcycle I've owned, but have a hard time doing it (bad back and knees)-- so I'm really excited about the "Tire Pressure Monitor Caps" (pressure-specific valve caps that alert you if you have a pressure drop): I've installed a pair on my 2009 Bonnie-- $4.99 each from Shadetree Powersports. Manual says 33 and 41, so I got caps for 32 and 40, and after second-guessing them a couple of times I'm developing confidence in the little rascals. They stay green if the pressure holds, small drop adds a yellow band, bigger loss adds a red ring.