New Bonneville coming

I am going to my Triumph dealer for my new Bonneville with the Mag wheels but i am having a hard time getting information on a good saddle bag that can hold my laptop for work. The City bags and the saddle bags from Triumph are nice but i cannot tell if they would do the job and they cost a bundle for which i am not spending unless i can find out a way to carry the laptop. For that matter if i can't get something to transport the LapTop then maybe i should reconsider the Bonnie. Please help!!!
Marty

The Hepco and Becker Paniers look like they might do the job. Hard to tell since they measure the interior room by Liters and my laptop is about 14"L X 13"W

curezee

Street Tracker
I run into the same issue sometimes. Honestly I just end up with my laptop in a laptop specific backpack. I feel it also gets bumped around less on my back than in bike mounted bag. M2C

Kirkus51

Hooligan
I have a T-bag that I strap to my seat. It does hold my tablet and my laptop, but not both at once. But.... I think the dimensions for my electronic playthings are a bit smaller. You might want to look at Triumph part # A9708097. It's the seat with a built in rack, but it's a solo seat so if you're planning on some pillion babes it might not be the thing for you.

Last edited:

neuroboy

750cc
I recall a lot of guys talking up Kriega bags.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/kriega-us-10-drypack

kriega_us10_drypack_black_detail.jpg

I carry my briefcase with laptop on a Renntec rack with a bungee net over it. Not ideal but it works. I second the suggestion to get a decent laptop messenger bag. That's what I would use if I didn't already have the briefcase.

sanjuro

Two Stroke
I'd do my research on those city bags. They pop up used on FleaBay all the time, and the hardware does not hold up. If you're that eager to part with $600 for something with a Triumph logo let know. I'll take that pesky money off your hands. There are far better quality bags for a fraction of the price. Hope you find a good solution.

I have Kriega bags (US30, 2x US10, R25 backpack). Prior to getting the backpack I was carrying my laptop back and forth to work in the US30 strapped to my seat. When the bag isn't attached, the mounting straps attached to the frame can be tucked up under the seat. It's pretty much invisible when not in use.

Keith Harding

Two Stroke
I carry my kit in a Crumpler bag - I've had it for five years now. I use it every day on the bike and it's done three backpacking trips to India as well. Just needs the very occasional wipe-down to clean it.
They do laptop bags and they are bound to be available in the States.
Have a look at the link - I'd highly recommend one.
http://www.crumpler.com/AU/

sanjuro

Two Stroke
One of those city bags popped up for sale, used. Looks nice, in good condition. Description reads one front latch still latches...