New Bike Project for LMT

strokerlmt

So I am going to finally start on my wife's motorcycle.
Flaco....thx my friend...turned me onto Georgia John's rolling frame. Everything but da engine. I have been looking for a roller or salvage for 2 years. I couldn't afford one now but committed to J and where there is a will there is a way. I sold a regulator, camera, mountain bike and some of my stash of bike parts. (BTW I was treated rt by Flaco and J so when I put my new parts up for sale I took used ebay and Pinwall pricing and discounted for the NBR buyers). Hope buyers are happy.
The project will take me a few months. Time mostly but money as well.
First .....the polished folks come off...the ricor innards go in the polished and they go on my bike.
2) My black forks will be painted BRG.
3) Wiring harness comes off and an electrician friend / rider is going to help me strip it down.
4) All the non essential protrusions come off the frame. Center stand mounts, oil cooler mounts, the muffler braces...my wifes bike will have a wrapped 2 into 1 scrambler headers. The big ugly square frame brace that goes from the back of the motor to the upper frame brace is cut off and a friend who welds artistically and for his motorcyles is going to rig me up a light small but stronger tube so we can have a see thru engine.
5) We are going to core out some of the swingarm to lighten.
6) Battery box will be made smaller and a small batter, rectifier, horn, fuse box etc will be hidden from view.
7) Billet oil coolers
8) I have D9's bracket already.
9) I have a front fender and the bac fender will both be chopped.
10) Billet indicators.
11) She gets my brown single seat in black leather.
12) Rear brake piston will be moved back to the frame and the side cover will be modded / cut and moved back on the frame to allow for "see thru".
13) Everything will be re painted a combo of BRG, black and ??? I'll probably look for a lot of suggestions there.
14) and the rims...what do I do ?????
When that is done I need an engine. ;-)))
When I start pictures will come.........
LMT

Attachments

• CIMG3012.jpg
    CIMG3012.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Speed3Chris

I like Dick
What D9 said. :) You are a creative force to be sure!
Can't wait to see the evolution.
Now a a suggestion and only that. Unless you have an unusually enlightened significant other....since you are going to go to extraordinary detail, build this bike for you. :)
Take your bike apart and cannibalize parts like wheels and motor etc and build you a super bike. Since you are rebuilding from scratch anyway, take the rest of the parts and make her a "nice looking" bike using your stock frame. You will appreciate a highly modded bonnie with lightened frame and stripped wired harness more than she will. ONLY a suggestion. :)
Best of Luck Lash.

Last edited:

strokerlmt

Sweatmachine.....I have a damaged swing arm and I will mock what I'm going to do and send you/NBR some pics. It looks pretty cool.....
Speed.....been thinking about that.....
LMT

strokerlmt

Nohawk........everything but the engine.......
The more I look at the bike the more I think I am going to re paint my bike.
LMT

strokerlmt

New pictures of "Debbie's machine" as a true Roller. john was able to creatively use the pegs to create a roller.......
So on a truck next week.....
LMT

Attachments

• CIMG3032.jpg
    CIMG3032.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 1
  • CIMG3033.jpg
    CIMG3033.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 1

Flaco

750cc
New pictures of "Debbie's machine" as a true Roller. john was able to creatively use the pegs to create a roller.......
So on a truck next week.....
LMT
Damn! Great idea that John had!
I hope it doesn't get highjacked on it's way through AZ!:eeek:

em_dot

Street Tracker
Looks to be a great project. Keep us posted.

One thing though. I think it's OK to remove the airbox now...

ThruxTonUp

TT Racer
That roller weighs about 190 pounds I estimate. Matt and Carlos told me a motor weighs 225, plus take off weight for exhaust, front fender, battery. Man it feels like my XR 80 honda - wish I could build a bonnie that was that light AND had a motor:).

ThruxTonUp

TT Racer
That tank and those side covers came from my Thrux version 1 from 2004 mods. I bought the bike new in may and painted it in june.

CIMG0735.jpg

strokerlmt

Ok...the girl arrived today. Key shipping from Canton Georgia did a great job. I'm going to post some info about them. John W. sent a great bike and packed it well, Thx. Debbie threw a leg over and declared it was for her.
More soon
LMT

Attachments

• IMG_0159.jpg
    IMG_0159.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0162.jpg
    IMG_0162.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 0

strokerlmt

Down to the frame only. I need a battery box. I have a complete air box and one 3/4's. So I cut the broken one down to the bat box. Sanded the shit out of it, primed it and will spray black.
LMT

Attachments

• IMG_5643.jpg
    IMG_5643.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5642.jpg
    IMG_5642.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5641.jpg
    IMG_5641.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 0

strokerlmt

My original T-100 2003 blue fender chopped ready for paint shop. Battery box painted .....now I want to attach all the wiring, horn and rectifier to the box.
LMT

My wife is her own person and I respect that very much. She has choosen Fusion White as her color. Fenders, lites, side covers, tank, headlite, sprocket guard all white......ready for paint shop.....

Attachments

• IMG_5653.jpg
    IMG_5653.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5654.jpg
    IMG_5654.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5655.jpg
    IMG_5655.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 0

rodburner

Rocker
White will be awesome IMO.I painted my old Suzuki's appliance white,with a ton of gold pearl,in the clear coats,over both red and blue accents. [1 bike red,the other blue]
But as you pointed out,we HAVE seen your girl,so no matter what color the bike,no one will notice it...