New Airman in our Familly!!!

b717doc

Scooter
My son, who just turned 19 in November, was shipped off to Lackland AFB in San Antonio on 22 November, and graduated USAF BMT (Basic Military Training) on the 20th of January. We flew from Atlanta over to San Antone and spent a few days with him...BEST VACATION EVER!!! I was soooo proud of that boy!!! He's in Sheppard AFB today learning to be a C-130 Hercules Crew Chief...
BMTTraining7.jpg
BMTTraining1.jpg
[/IMG]

DandyDoug

750cc
Good on him for standing up, and being upstanding !!
Congratulations to you and you family for helping set him in the right direction.

Wow , right out of basic training and two stripes !!
Man we had to sweat bullets and wait for a first stripe back in my day
( 1960 --1967 Army)

Kirkus51

Hooligan
Man what fun loading up a plane and flying to who knows where. I hope he gets to drop stuff outta the back of a bird eventually.

BobM

Two Stroke
Good for him, you obviously are very proud. He signed up for 6 yrs to get the A1C out of basic. They'll go by fast. The 20 did for me. Tell him to try getting on the HC-130's for Air Rescue or Spec Ops. Best duty he will ever have.

b717doc

Scooter
Brad is doing wonderful...approaching 5 months since I've seen him, and it has been harder on me than I thought...He is still in Tech school up at Sheppard AFB in Oklahoma City until May, then he'll go to Little Rock for his OJT for 10 days, then to Dyess AFB as permanent duty. He's learning to be a C-130 Crewchief, something he's dreamed of being all of his life. He does call me once a week to share the antics of his classmates. One of them tied a 40 pound chock to his belt loop while he was'nt looking, and when he went to get up, it snatched him back down on his butt! Man I miss that Boy!!!

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
I think he is trying to pull a fast one on the old man...Sheppard is located in Wichita Falls, Texas. I have been there more times than I care to remember. Tell him to get his butt overseas when he gets his OJT and upgrade done for his skill level. Yokota AB, Japan is probably one of the best assignments you can get while in the AF and the C130s are stationed there.