Need Help Bonne SE 09 EFI Need Better Seat

sportyone

Street Tracker
Some interesting thoughts guys, anyone in Australia had the same problem with the seat and what did they do and are they happy or should I just harden up! Thank you all for your input it is greatly appreciated and helps.

Ben, you'll find with time your rear end and the seat will become use to each other. I have found that & I prefer the seat to be firm so as to be more supportive really. what do you call a long ride. most weekends I ride 300 kms or so ?

some of the guys I have ridden with are using those air bag things but I don't care for the look much. each time I park it, I keep looking & admiring my Bonneville, couldn't stand it having an add on soft bum thing, would spoil the classic look in my opinion. cheers :)

Attachments

• IRP_8462NEW.jpg
    IRP_8462NEW.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 0

sportyone

Street Tracker
if you are worried about the heat you can always fit a beaded seat. think Pakistani taxi driver. they will flow air and are quite comfortable. the boys will stay "cool".
http://www.beadrider.com/

oh my God, sure, how "cool" would that look & be ?

first time you braked hard, you'd roll right off the seat !!!! :chair:

next you'd be adding streamers on the handlebars and an orange dayglow triangle flag on an aerial :headbang2:

Nick Morey

Rocker
Ben, you'll find with time your rear end and the seat will become use to each other. I have found that & I prefer the seat to be firm so as to be more supportive really. what do you call a long ride. most weekends I ride 300 kms or so ?

some of the guys I have ridden with are using those air bag things but I don't care for the look much. each time I park it, I keep looking & admiring my Bonneville, couldn't stand it having an add on soft bum thing, would spoil the classic look in my opinion. cheers :)

+1 sportyone, I feel the seat has molded to my seat... & I won't give up that beautiful classic look.

crikket44

Scooter
Corbin will make 'em in whatever color you like. I believe there's a Corbin store in CALI somewhere, if you can go there. They have what seems like 500 colors and prints, different skins whatever. But some people have had fitment problems with them, so I would reccomend going to the store if possible and having them fit it when it's done, so if there are any probs you can hand it back to be corrected instead of going thru the "back and forth" return thing.

Thank you, I am going to look for that store. Hope its close.

benjamindickens

Street Tracker

Thanks for your honest opinion mate, I think I will just harden up, I have got something called reactive arthritis from getting salmanella poisioning that nearly killed me seriously. So maybe I should just take more of a break when I get sore. Thanks for your help mate, we will go for a ride sometime soon if your keen all the best Ben

sportyone

Street Tracker
Thanks for your honest opinion mate, I think I will just harden up, I have got something called reactive arthritis from getting salmanella poisioning that nearly killed me seriously. So maybe I should just take more of a break when I get sore. Thanks for your help mate, we will go for a ride sometime soon if your keen all the best Ben

crap weather today,
but anytime mate, love to, I ride most days but anytime really ?
I have your number in my fone, did try to call earlier ?

cheers
:)

I feel the seat has molded to my seat... & I won't give up that beautiful classic look.

My seat has to and to be honest was never a comfort factor for me anyway, with amount of riding i do reckon could ride without a seat these days lol
I just want a bit more height on my stock seat and retain that classic look. just find bon a bit low.

Speed3Chris

I like Dick
Ben,
If you aren't inseam challenged, you have many better options than the very thin standard bonneville seat that comes on the alloy wheel EFI bike. A stock T100 seat would be better for example. There isn't much padding with the std. bonnie seat. You can also have the seat reworked. Truth is seats do break in a bit and your bottom will toughen up if you put in the miles.
The other thing is...and this is why Corbins and King & Queen seats are popular among many is...the natural curvature of the bonnie seat is crowned. This is done for fashion because it melds with the lines of the bike.
Our bottoms are shaped the opposite and more of a cupped shape seat like that of a tractor distributes psi's better. So a dillemma for designers and tradeoff for riders. Many including me feel just a bit of tailbone pressure because of this. The foam will break down locally a bit at the top but you can also have the seat tweaked by an upholstery shop or do it yourself to adjust the foam to fit better. The other thing you can do if feeling tailbone pressure is change your riding position. Rearsets many times offer great relief for excessive tailbone pressure which is the scourge of seat discomfort. This is because your pelvis rotates forward taking pressure off the tail bone. Midset foot peg position which is very comfortable to many including me because they help hold up the torso, do the opposite, they rotate the hips back by design. Forward controls are the absolute worse in this regard and why you see a lot of tractor shaped seats on cruisers to offer relief to the tailbone.
Some general comments and hope you find the solution that works for you.

Last edited:

benjamindickens

Street Tracker
oh my God, sure, how "cool" would that look & be ?

first time you braked hard, you'd roll right off the seat !!!! :chair:

next you'd be adding streamers on the handlebars and an orange dayglow triangle flag on an aerial :headbang2:

awsome it is like a wake up call if you are snoozing on your bonne:hurt:

benjamindickens

Street Tracker
crap weather today,
but anytime mate, love to, I ride most days but anytime really ?
I have your number in my fone, did try to call earlier ?

cheers
:)

been flat out working mate as soon as I am free and the sun has appeared its on, my phone is stuffed at the min trying to get a new screen its driving me nuts all the best Ben:headbang2: