neck warmer

KingBear

Hooligan
Oooooh, I love that stuff! I suggest a nice cappuccino to go with it. Mmmmm. :)

baklavaL.jpg

thruxiegirl

TT Racer
I'll do that. Lol!

The worst part of wearing a mask is when it is cold and your knose runs the snot sticks to the mask. I was thinking of a clip on mustache for a snot graber.

fender

Street Tracker
I've used a balaclava and they work great, just make sure it's not to thick with the helmet. Bicycle stores sell them also if you want to try some on. The turtle is annoying, to bulky.

As far as the snot running there's not much you can do about that :nose:

BonnieLass

Uncensored
in the buff

I like my Triumph polar buff.. it's basically the polarfleece neck part with an extended tube of lycra. When it's cold I wear mine like a balaclava. My Suomi is so snug that I barely have room for the added lycra. I couldn't fit anything thicker into my helmet. I agree that the bulk around my neck is annoying though. I've considered just making my own with a velcro closure so I can have less fabric bunched up.

R

rndtaylor

I just bought a balaclava made by Drudi performance, appears very similar to the link you provided, and it is fantastic. I will never wrap fleece around my neck again. Super thin and lightweight, and it absolutely works. It cost about 35.00 at Destination Triumph in Knoxville, TN.

rodburner

Rocker
I have 2 turtle fur balaclava hoods.I like them.Warm,cut down on wind noise and keep your helmet from bouncing around in the wind.The 2 silk ones I have aren`t as wind proof as I like,so only get worn when I go to the bank.

MattRat

TT Racer
mu suggestion is to search ski-oriented places like backcountry.com and evogear - they usually have this kind of stuff much cheaper than motorcycle sites.

curezee

Street Tracker
I got the same looking thing in black or camo at Walmart for $10. It was in the hunting section. Works great.

innominate

Street Tracker
i use a balaclava that doent have the fleece. it's that thin polyester stretchy material. it's warm enough for tx weather. ya might need somethin more substantial for carolina. it was only $10 too.

that thicker balaclava may still be bulky and make it difficult to turn your head.

1759AG

Scooter
Did the baklava thing for a while, made helmet too tight, hot air would go 'up' and fog up goggles at intersections, have to keep it off my nose to avoid it. Didn't like it.

Bought a leather 'bandanna' with fleece lining (velcro in the back) love it, blocks wind. Still don't know what to do with the snot though either.

buckstoy

Street Tracker
Have any of you tried a scarf, I think my wife is getting me one for Christmas, definitely need something for air on the neck.

DandyDoug

750cc
In my cold weather kit I have:

Balaclava = ok but sometimes annoying on my nose and I futz with it too much

Slicks head cover = works well in all temps

Aerostitch wind triangle = works well in hot weather if you wet it down, and does double duty in cold weather to keep my neck warm, can be worn like an old cowboy bandit also

Silk neck scarf = WW11 vintage look , works best of all to keep my neck comfortable and packs up small. Great fashion accessory, hehehe:eeek: