National Cycle Plexifairing GT (Windshield)

I'm interested in getting a windshield for my Bonnie. I've ridden in zero degrees (with wind chill factored in) and it kinda sucks. It's gettin' cold fast in New England and I'm not willing to put the bike away, yet.

Anyone had any experience with the National Cycle Plexifairing GT?

It has a slight tint to it, and full coverage for hands and, supposedly, legs.

I ~HATE~ it when my hands get cold and really want hand coverage.

Any thoughts on this one OR others that I should consider?

Thanks for any help that ya can provide!

:wave:

Oops

Oops, sorry.

Forgot to add the pic. Here 'tis!

Attachments

• Windshield - National Cycle Plexifairing GT.jpg
    Windshield - National Cycle Plexifairing GT.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 0

Hedge

American Infidel
It may not be the most beautiful thing I have ever seen but it looks like it will do a fantastic job of keeping the cold off your body and hands! Don't go by me, I'm not a big Fairing guy anyway. I have a windshield I bought off someone, I can't remember who or what kind but it has the adjustable top visor and the adjustable wings on the side. I thought I would use it on my Iron Butt attempt but I'm to busy trying to keep my job!
:eeek:

Hamr Mark

TT Racer
Ahh forget the windshield. Just buy some good gloves, long-johns, and a good turtleneck.

Works for me until the snow flys.

Oxblood

750cc
That looks good to me I'm not a huge fairing guy either but I've decided to have two set ups for my bike. A stipped down summer look rocking cafe bars with bar ends and what not. When it gets to be winter time and I'm riding to and from work in the dark at 10 degrees I'm going to set my bike up differently. I bought heated grips last year but wasn't too impressed, as the tops of my hands still froze. This year I'm looking at a heated vest, grips and chaps. A fairing like the one you pictured is starting to look mighty good.

--Oxblood

Any other suggestions?

I appreciate the comments, guys.

I'm not really fond of adding a fairing to the classic lines of my Bonnie, either.

However, I just can't keep my hands warm once it hits 25 degrees.

The fairing will only be used for cold (really COLD) weather.

This is a perfect example of function over form...

Suggestions for other windshield models (with hand protection) will be greedily accepted!

:rockon:

Kframe

Street Tracker
I've had both a Plexifairing and a Plexistar (similar but no leg protection) on my '84 Shadow.
As noted by most, not the most flattering of accessories.

But, it really did a fantastic job of shielding the wind.
Essentially it was like riding in a bubble of still air.
I don't think it gets better than that.

-K

Last edited:

jimm

moped
I receintly bought one and found it to be short and noisey for my 6'3" self. I had a different Plexi on my '05 and remember it as better. As for hands, electric gloves are a bit akward but warmest choice.
Jim M