napolean mirrors on a 2010 Thrux without an adaptor?

jhillier71

Street Tracker
I have a set of Napolean branded bar-end mirrors, that are not my OEM mirrors on my 2010 Thruxton. They are a replacement set after a guy kocked one off. I asked the dealer for stock mirrors and they sent me Napolean but they simply don't fit and are night and day from the Ken-Sean mirrors.

can someone confrim that I am not crazy and the Napolean mirrors are not compatible with the stock handlebars on the 2010 Thrux without somekind of adaptor. My dealer doesnt believe me (that they won't fit) and wants me to come in and prove it to me. I think it's a waste of my time to show up and have something proven to me that I already know.

Last edited:

jhillier71

Street Tracker
confirmed. Napoleon mirrors do not fit stock handlebars. It's odd that Triumph (Canada) believes that they do. The stock (replacement) mirrors are listed as Napoleon even when that's not what came on the bike.:crazy: My Dealer called and confirmed, what I already knew, that there's no way these things are going on the bike without some kind of adapter.

RyanRobot99

Street Tracker
Half true/false. They are MOSTLY Napoleon... But they have a OEM Triumph adapter. Its like a screw and a shim.

The same mirror is sold for every other bike - but has a generic 7/8s fitting, woth no screw; it just turns and tightens inside like a cork. Thruxton 2010 is 1inch anyways.

Kirkus51

Hooligan
NO matter how you install em, be sure to check em for tightness at least once a year. Mine got loose. The right one one year, the left one the next year.

Kinge72

moped
i can confirm, just switched my 2010 stock bars out for clubman bars and the oem/stock mirrors work with a welded shim on the stock handlebars which secures them. I have had to order regular Napoleon mirrors for a 1" handlebar to keep the look of stock

jhillier71

Street Tracker
The last I heard is British Customs is fabing an adapter kit for the 2010's.

I also have a call into Triumph USA (but will be surprised if someone calls me back, fingers crossed) as it's a little frustrating, and quite frankly stupid, that I cant simply replace my stock Ken Sean mirrors.:mad:

cinemastar07

Scooter
Does anyone know off hand if the Napoleon's will fit the 2010 "Mag Wheel" Bonnie bars? I just got them in the mail....but have not gotten to my bike yet (which is "sleeping" the winter months in my friends garage) to see if the fit. In the Triumph catalog, when they show the bike with "extra parts" on it....it has the chrome bar ends on...so I "assumed" they will fit ...now I am worried. Are Thrux handlebars different size then that 2010 Bonnie. I guess I can find out tomorrow -- just curious if anyone has already successfully done Napoleons on a 2010 Bonnie sans adaptor or any mods...

DIRK

750cc
joker machine makes several 1" bar end mirrors sets. they will set you back from $115.00 to $125.00 each but they are trick. drag specialties, or same distributor alloy art or todds cycle $115.00 to $120.00

CafeCool79

Scooter
Half true/false. They are MOSTLY Napoleon... But they have a OEM Triumph adapter. Its like a screw and a shim.

The same mirror is sold for every other bike - but has a generic 7/8s fitting, woth no screw; it just turns and tightens inside like a cork. Thruxton 2010 is 1inch anyways.

This is correct. It will not fit only if they didn't come with the OEM Triumph adapter. No fabbing necessary if the adapter came with it. The handlebars come set up ready to go for bar ends, especially ones close to the stock mirrors.

jhillier71

Street Tracker
in the end i said f*ck it and went the Biltwell/CRG route. Pretty easy mod.

Now the ultimate test will be to see if my back can take the lean...:chair:

Attachments

• bars1.jpg
    bars1.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 0
  • bars2.jpg
    bars2.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 0

Bonafide

NBR founder
Tip: if you're gonna use them in a hollow 1" bar; go to the local hardware store and get some rubber tubing (clear stuff) - it usually comes in a 1" OD. Cut yourself a couple inches, slice long-ways so it will insert inside the handlebar. Your 7/8" bar end fitting should grab right into it and fit snug like a glove.

5eafb36b-72b4-41eb-ba18-000897de6336_300.jpg

RyanRobot99

Street Tracker
Tip: if you're gonna use them in a hollow 1" bar; go to the local hardware store and get some rubber tubing (clear stuff) - it usually comes in a 1" OD. Cut yourself a couple inches, slice long-ways so it will insert inside the handlebar. Your 7/8" bar end fitting should grab right into it and fit snug like a glove.

5eafb36b-72b4-41eb-ba18-000897de6336_300.jpg

Worked for me.