My new(to me) ride

innominate

Street Tracker
Picked up something the other day.

She doesn't have much down low. But she screams at the top end :)

I have her till ash Wednesday. Just hopin some drunk doesn't run me over. But it sure makes gettin around during mardi gras easier.

That's my buddy's madass in the background. It's fun in the city too.

1299553900.jpg

Kirkus51

Hooligan
Y'know, everybody in their heart of hearts would love to have a scooter to thrash the shit out of around neighborhoods.

Topher0268

Scooter
Y'know, everybody in their heart of hearts would love to have a scooter to thrash the shit out of around neighborhoods.

+1 on that

bought one of those Chinese 150 cc jobies a couple seasons ago brand new for pennies. the wiring sucks, the hoses they used are a joke, the fit and finish ... terrible.

That being said once I tightens a few connectors with a pair of pliers and bought 3 bucks worth of fuel and vacuum fittings ... it runs great and perfect for thrashing around. Of course I bought it because the wife didn't want a motorcycle but said she wanted a scooter .... yeah that's it .. that's why I bought it

Heizer

Scooter
I have a 150cc Bajaj Chetak scooter, and I love it for zipping around town. 85 mpg and a glove box? What's not to love?

MikeJackmin

Scooter
"It's more fun to go fast on a slow bike..."

I've wondered about these things - modern scoots go pretty fast nowadays. How to they handle on those tiny wheels? What's the suspension like? Can you lean them deep into a turn, or are they only at their best in the straight stuff?

dschief

750cc
There's a Sachs dealer not far from me. Every time I ride by there I want to stop and check out the Madass. They make a lot of hop up parts for them, and they just look so freaking cool!

innominate

Street Tracker
"It's more fun to go fast on a slow bike..."

I've wondered about these things - modern scoots go pretty fast nowadays. How to they handle on those tiny wheels? What's the suspension like? Can you lean them deep into a turn, or are they only at their best in the straight stuff?
the wheels are ok. you do take a beating on some of the crappy roads here in nola. esp since we're riding 2up. i haven't gotten too crazy in the turns, but it's taken everything we've thrown it's way.

the madass has 17" wheels and it's light as hell. you could prob get pretty aggressive with that one

There's a Sachs dealer not far from me. Every time I ride by there I want to stop and check out the Madass. They make a lot of hop up parts for them, and they just look so freaking cool!
yeah it would be great to have one of those to tool around town. new buddy says he's gonna get a kit for it to ring out some more horsepower

Haha Nice! I half expected to see that OD Green Speed Triple in this post.
i haven't left nola yet....