My New "Old" Toy Hauler...v.64

REVOLT

Street Tracker
So when I'm not riding the Bonnie...I'll be driving this...Gas Prices? Ah Well...it's bought & paid for!

NEWTruck001.jpg

NEWTruck002.jpg

See you Northwest guys at Billetproof this year!!

Air Bags soon to come!

koifarm

Hooligan
Aaaawwww man, you had to post that dincha? Am I jealous , duuuhhh YES, do I love it....duuuuuhhh....YES.....personally I think you would be ashamed to be driving that on the roads so I"m going to make you an offer you can easily refuse!!!!
Damn fine truck man....what a nice ride.

REVOLT

Street Tracker
Thanks guys...it's looks a lot better in the pictures, the paint is 15 years old...looks like old school laquer...heavy & deep...candy red with gold flake...has some cracks in the paint here and there but 85% of it still looks great. It was a Hopped up 'Parts Truck' job for a Hot Rod & Custom shop in Southern Oregon, I'm the 3rd owner after the original, then his son. A bit of rust in the corners of the doors (Common)...everything else is straight.

Under the hood is a 350SB and a 350TurboTrans...the Farcking thing scared the shit out of me today...No Power Steering and a smoking/sideways rear end will get the blood flowing...but that's why I bought it!

I'll post some pics tomorrow from under the hood...and the exhaust...Sounds Awesome!!

a 350/350 combo is a winner for sure, parts are super cheap and they're easy as hell to work on. My '78 chevy had the same drivetrain and it was bullet proof. I want another one...whatever you do, don't buy a Haynes manual. They SUCK! Get the Chiltons.

I just got a 2001 Dodge 2500 w/ the Cummins diesel and a 5sp manual back in Feb, only 70,000 miles on the clock, so I sold the '78 cause I also have a 2006 VW Jetta TDI (diesel). I'm a diesel-dude! Trying to sell my car though...need more bike money!

Love them old trucks though, similar to our bonnies really, classic, fun to work on, sound great, look great, feels cool cruisin in them. I want another one! Only prob with those big V8s, like you said, is the MPGs. My truck got like 8mpg no matter what! It had a 4:10 rear end though. My Dodge gets 18-20 mpg, but it's a diesel.

Last edited:

buckstoy

Street Tracker
Nice rig man, the sixties styling is too cool! Definitely post up more pics when you get her bagged!:c

kinky stunt

Street Tracker
's No Power Steering and a smoking/sideways rear end will get the blood flowing...

The drum brakes on my '66 gave out on me halfway down a steep San Francisco hill a few gray hairs ago. Parallel parking in the City was never fun either, but I miss my rust bucket more than ever after seeing yours and O.T's. I keep the little Briggs and Stratton key on my chain for good luck!

REVOLT

Street Tracker
The 'Get On It'...I want to get ride of that cheesy ass Summit Racing pan...
NEWTruck011.jpg

This Bitch don't Sip...
NEWTruck013.jpg

The Office...Carpet kit on order...
NEWTruck014.jpg

and while at work today...someone put those damn fuzzy dice on my mirror, I hope they don't want them back, because they are'nt getting them!! HA!

I, like The G-Man, have a nice list of cool shit to get...then a buddy and I will start planning on laying this MoFocker on the ground...

Hey, Gary...you do have a very nice C10 yourself my Brother...Did you get my email I resent?

Cheers!

Wow, I haven't seen an equalizer in...well, since the sixties. ;) Nice single reservoir master cylinder...I got one of those too...ha ha. Do you have a cold light...an idiot light that tells you that your engine is cold? Duh, uh yea, I just started the engine.

Just tried to drive to the derby girls Pudding Wrestling match at a local pub and it seams that my fuel pump quit on me. No fuel comin out of the pump. grrr.

Never got your email. Did you send it to theluketribe at hotmail dot com?

REVOLT

Street Tracker
What Hell...it just won't go through!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One more shot...

As far as the truck...Yeah...that equalizer is big, clunky, and totally out of place...but the damn thing works great!! The truck has 8 speakers (90's High-End stuff)...it's bumps like a SOB...The song Tequila (The Champs) sounds awesome pouring out of the truck...Eventually, when I get the carpet kit, the whole system...including the 3 amps behind the seat...is coming out and I'm going with a more modern...slim & trim system. I like loud, but not like when I was younger...it's a bit too much for this truck...

And that single master is really not enough to stop these things with the motors we have...not really looking to do a disc conversion...$$$$...one day maybe...No cold light? All the gauges work...but no idiot lights? Neither does the Bonnie though...:C

Take it Greasy!!