My New 1968 T100C

Bonniebret

Rocker
Sometimes you have to say WTF, right? Tonight I bought a 1968 T100 C for what I like to think was a good deal. I don't know what going to happen to it. I can tell you since it's mine I will not be getting the same amount of attention as OldRhodies '69. It has a lot of goofy things about it as well as some really cool stuff. Per the Craigslist ad:

"Matching engine and frame numbers, new Dunlop Gold Seal tires and tubes. Updated with Boyer Ignition. Chrome Oil Tank and Side Cover. Needs very little TLC... leaks sealed up, fluids changed. Has high pipes with aftermarket mufflers. Have correct mufflers, but need a little work and rechromed. Also have correct throttle and Gran Tourizmo grips, but not perfect."

I shot these pics as the sun was going down but I promise to get better ones up soon.

dsc005262.jpg

dsc005272.jpg

Last edited:

Speed3Chris

I like Dick
Congrats Bret. I look forward to more pics as for some reason yours aren't showing well on my computer.
How about some riding impressions of the '68 bike compared to your late model bonny?
Have fun.

mark66

TT Racer
Sweet, I love the old bikes. Not sure if this is your first old (classic) bike but I think everyone who has the money and place to keep one, should own a classic. It keeps the resurgence in old motorcycles alive. Just enjoy the sound of that British Twin, there's nothing like it.

koifarm

Hooligan
Nice looking machine Bonniebret, isn't far from being a nice original oldie if you're going that way with it, otherwise a good rider with little to be done....how many miles on her?

Bonniebret

Rocker
Hey guys. Had to pull off the grid due to work. Thanks for all the compliments. It has 11K on it. I took the bike out for a quick spin this weekend and it has a big 'ol flat spot at quarter throttle. Once I get it up to around 50-55 it seems ok but not really strong. I think just a carb rebuild could be the answer. Other than that it sounds great. A real classic sound. The right hand shifter is a trip too.

Since I was busy doing mods on the bonnie I didn't get a chance to give it a good cleaning but I did make a list of replacement parts I want.

On last thing, on Saturday I took it for a spin. In shorts. I NEVER do that and I never will again. I burned the shit out of my leg on that high-pipe!! For all the "Arrested Development" fans we've dubbed the bike The Cornballer.

Bonniebret

Rocker
Took it out for it's first maiden voyage it traffic today and all I can say is... what a dog.

Really riding it in traffic has revealed more flat spots in the throttle and tons of sputtering. Think biplane at the beginning of Van Halen's "Panama" video and you've got it. It topped out at 50mph WOT.

Tomorrow I'll replace the air filter, plugs and rebuild the carb. It's been sitting since January so it's kind of a mess. The carb is leaking from the body gasket and there's sediment in the fuel line past the filter. At first I thought the cheap filters were letting stuff though but now after riding it I'm thinking the stuff is coming the other way out of the carb itself.

Tomorrow I'm taking it over to a local vintage Brit bike guy and have him give it a look over and to do list.

Bonniebret

Rocker
Took it out for a night ride tonight. The neutral light works; in 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th. So does the brake light; always. The same can't be said for the lights on the speedo. The clutch works great after a slight adjustment on the lever. Seriously. No regrets. This is a fun bike to ride and corners great! Plus it's really comfortable. I can't wait to share it's progress with everyone.

Hamr Mark

TT Racer
Dude,

I just found this post...awesome bike. So what, we have your '68, Roadie's '69, and my '73...let's start a gang.

Would love to see some more (clear, detailed) pics and a VIDEO...all this talk about riding, and you have nothing to back it up.

We wanna see, and more importantly...HEAR IT!

Bonniebret

Rocker
Dude,

I just found this post...awesome bike. So what, we have your '68, Roadie's '69, and my '73...let's start a gang.

Would love to see some more (clear, detailed) pics and a VIDEO...all this talk about riding, and you have nothing to back it up.

We wanna see, and more importantly...HEAR IT!

I definitely need to take some pics. The bike is going to start taking on an urban legend status soon if I don't. LOL One of the reasons I haven't taken any pics is that I haven't even started cleaning it but you guys don't car, right?

Pics of The Cornballer will be posted today!