My Latest Mods

MattRat

TT Racer
Hey Fr. Joe - I know how you felt about those ace bars - I think I owned them for less time than you did :)

welcome!

FrankBlack

Two Stroke
Question about the handlbars... they look like a really wide set, quite a bit more so than the stock bars - are they or do they just look that way in the pics?

And how about handling the bike - any noticeable difference on these bars vs the stockers?

I have NH western bars and I think they greatly improve handling and comfort. They're much wider and make the whole bike feel bigger somehow. I'd never go back to the stock bars now.

5bassman

Two Stroke
I have NH western bars and I think they greatly improve handling and comfort. They're much wider and make the whole bike feel bigger somehow. I'd never go back to the stock bars now.

Frankblack, how was the finish on you bars? My NH are terrile when it comes to the finish. Bars are nice but metal finish before chrome was bad and the chrome job was bad!

Fr. Joe 07T100

Street Tracker
Hey Fr. Joe - I know how you felt about those ace bars - I think I owned them for less time than you did :)

welcome!

sorry to hear that Matt, did your shoulderblades, like mine, scream in anger?

so whatchya gonna use ? I like the superbars myself.
good luck!

Fr. Joe 07T100

Street Tracker
Why Fatha Joe - your the last person, well maybe second to last besides Monte who I would ever had thought I would hear a disparaging remark! You should be ashamed of yourself! Go to the box right now and give us all 5 hail Mary's and whatever else you do to get straight with your higher power for this kind of behavior! :D

REALLY? the LAST person? After All this time and you still don't know me? :)

Wish I could have been at Bennington. I tried a bit, but couldn't swing it. Did you have good weather? Fun? Need for confession?

Hedge

American Infidel
REALLY? the LAST person? After All this time and you still don't know me? :)

Wish I could have been at Bennington. I tried a bit, but couldn't swing it. Did you have good weather? Fun? Need for confession?
Fatha - the ride up to Bennington on Friday was Superb! The weather could not have been better. I cannot say the same about the weather on Saturday; It rained most of the day. It didn't really matter to me because I was more interested in meeting people and kicking tires. The ride home on Sunday was fast. I took RT 22 straight down from Bennington to Westchester County and then crossed over to Bedford NY which dumps you into the back door of Stamford. I have nothing to confess, I did nothing wrong! I feel so grown up! :D

L Train

Scooter
Bassman nice ride. How do you like those under bar mirrors? They look cool, but they seem like they'd be even less usefull than the stockers.

L Train

5bassman

Two Stroke
Bassman nice ride. How do you like those under bar mirrors? They look cool, but they seem like they'd be even less usefull than the stockers.

L Train

Great view! Your looking under your arms. Nothing to block the view unless you have some large love handles!

FrankBlack

Two Stroke
Frankblack, how was the finish on you bars? My NH are terrile when it comes to the finish. Bars are nice but metal finish before chrome was bad and the chrome job was bad!

Hi Bass, the finish was, quite frankly, shit. I took it up with Norman Hyde, asked them to send some new ones out and to inspect them for quality first. They sent me some that were worse than the ones I'd installed - granular, where the metal hadn't been properly polished before chroming, and scraped up on one of the bends. They also had machine marks on the bends, apparently caused by the bending process. Terrible. I sent them right back. The western bars I have on are good enough but I wouldn't recommend NH bars to anyone again.