My Latest Mods

5bassman

Two Stroke
Just added some Raask double walled pipes and Raaske Decibels mufflers. Also added Norman Hyde Western Bars with extended cables and NOS 70's underbar mirror.
tri2.jpg

IMG_8701-1.jpg

IMG_8710.jpg

IMG_8703.jpg

Last edited:

Hedge

American Infidel
Really nice looking. Where did you get the bars - NB? Did the cables come with them or did you get them elsewhere. I ask because I am probably ready for more of a Western Motif instead of my 2" stock rollback.

5bassman

Two Stroke
Thanks Bill!
Really nice looking. Where did you get the bars - NB? Did the cables come with them or did you get them elsewhere. I ask because I am probably ready for more of a Western Motif instead of my 2" stock rollback.
Thanks Hedge! I got the bars from the same guy I got the pipes from, a guy on Ebay was selling all his mods because he sold his bike. I believe Road dog bought the Corbin Smuggler he had for sale.

Kframe

Street Tracker
Thanks Bill!

Thanks Hedge! I got the bars from the same guy I got the pipes from, a guy on Ebay was selling all his mods because he sold his bike. I believe Road dog bought the Corbin Smuggler he had for sale.

Yay, my first post here!
Let's hope the traffic goes way up!

Anyway, I'd love to get one of those Smuggler seats, I'd get it painted and striped to match the tank on my red/black T100.

:)
-K

Bonafide

NBR founder
Anyway, I'd love to get one of those Smuggler seats, I'd get it painted and striped to match the tank on my red/black T100.

Just a FYI, but Corbin will paint to match the cowl if you order one from them. I've heard it some times it takes forever to get it, and then some times they reversed the paint scheme ... but it is a very cool seat. Just too much $$$ for my taste.

Nice ride Bass, now go put some miles on it or rub some dirt on it for pete's sake.

ThruxTonUp

TT Racer
Hell Jeff - do you ever ride that thing or do you just work on it all the time?? You need to get up in the mountains with us sometime.

PS - looking very good by the way.

DavidC

Rocker
Raask?

That Raask system looks so sweet. Does anyone know where to buy these in the US? Once I found a dealer in the UK, I think, but it'd be easier to buy here. Anyone have a source?

David

5bassman

Two Stroke
Hell Jeff - do you ever ride that thing or do you just work on it all the time?? You need to get up in the mountains with us sometime.

PS - looking very good by the way.
Hey John,
Believe it or not I do ride it sometimes!:D I rode it in to the station today. But mostly around town. Between two jobs and baseball and a 12 year old boy it's hard to go too far.

D9

Vendor
Jeff,

LIke what ya done to 'er...

Question about the handlbars... they look like a really wide set, quite a bit more so than the stock bars - are they or do they just look that way in the pics?

And how about handling the bike - any noticeable difference on these bars vs the stockers?

Cheers,

D9

Kframe

Street Tracker
Just a FYI, but Corbin will paint to match the cowl if you order one from them. I've heard it some times it takes forever to get it, and then some times they reversed the paint scheme ... but it is a very cool seat. Just too much $$$ for my taste.

Nice ride Bass, now go put some miles on it or rub some dirt on it for pete's sake.

Yeah, seven or eight hundred bucks for the Smuggler is just obscene.
If I had that kinda money to throw into my bike I'd be doing the 904 and major suspension upgrades before adding a tiny glove box.
(Still, it does look pretty damn awesome. Like a nice ass on a hot girl!)
:eek:
Did I just say that out loud?!?

:cool:
-K

5bassman

Two Stroke
The Western bars I believe are 35" across, so a good bit wider than stock and extended cables are needed. It does make handling easier!

Jeff,

LIke what ya done to 'er...

Question about the handlbars... they look like a really wide set, quite a bit more so than the stock bars - are they or do they just look that way in the pics?

And how about handling the bike - any noticeable difference on these bars vs the stockers?

Cheers,

D9

TeeBee

scooter
That is a very good looking bike. Just one question, though: With a solo-seat, why don't you remove the rear pegs? Or do you sometimes put on a stock seat to pick up a nice pillion-rider?

Greetings,
Thor

5bassman

Two Stroke
That is a very good looking bike. Just one question, though: With a solo-seat, why don't you remove the rear pegs? Or do you sometimes put on a stock seat to pick up a nice pillion-rider?

Greetings,
Thor

Yep, still have to put original seat on sometimes to carry my son around.:)

Bonafide

NBR founder
Ya know, I have a solo seat and I left my pillon pegs on so I can rest my feet on them at highway speeds while I'm tucked-laid-flat on the tank like a piece of cheese.

Fr. Joe 07T100

Street Tracker

it's about time you got rid of those 2" stock rollbacks, hedgy cuz we've all been secretly pm'ing each other laughing about those behind your back:D

you can do the same to me after all the red bling goes on!

Hedge

American Infidel
Why Fatha Joe - your the last person, well maybe second to last besides Monte who I would ever had thought I would hear a disparaging remark! You should be ashamed of yourself! Go to the box right now and give us all 5 hail Mary's and whatever else you do to get straight with your higher power for this kind of behavior! :D