My Bonnie

monty

Street Tracker
Just got home from work.

Bonnie turned 21,000 miles on the way home. Owned from new in 2001, we have had some real adventures.

Not a huge amount of miles in a lttle under twelve years, as I have always had another bike or two, but a massive grin throughout.

No other bike has given me so much enjoyment and many fine memories.

When I was about fourteen, a neighbours boyfriend used to turn up on a loud and shiney T140. I loved it and decided when I was old enough to ride a bike it would be a new Triumph but they went bust before that happened. As soon as I heard Triumph were to do a Bonnie I had to have one and bugger me , I did.
For now at least, it is my only bike.
When he comes over, I take my nine year old son on the back or we do a bit of maintainence. I have promised the bike to him and figure it is mine for another twelve years.

Bring it on !

Monty

Attachments

• DSCF1366.jpg
    DSCF1366.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 0

RJRR

moped
Nearly the same story for me.As soon as I heard they were coming back out I went and put a down payment To have dibbs one of the 5 coming to my local dealer.That was in the fall of 2000 but took till mid summer of 2001 to arrive.Worth the wait!24,000 miles on mine and only problems were the coils going and the neutral switch.

Attachments

Kirkus51

Hooligan
Great to have a "family" bike. I had a used 84 HD FXRP and in a moment of weakness and financial need sold it to my brother 20 some odd years later he still has it and will have it forever.

Flaco

750cc
JI have promised the bike to him and figure it is mine for another twelve years.

Bring it on !

Monty

Funny, I have promised my 26 yo youngest son my Bonnie when I cant ride it any mo'... I'm 60 yo w/ health problems...
He and I have taken it down to ever nut and bolt...
Cut, chop, weld, grind and paint...

Gotta love family...

Heritage...

marty

Scooter
Must be a thing about men their machines and their sons.

My 30 yr old son has the biggest grin after riding my bonnie, more than when he been out on his Suzuki GSXR flying machine !! I think that says it all.

rodhotter

Scooter
had a 70 T120R purchased while in the military under $1000 new stationed in morocco, enjoyed the bike for sure made E-5 shipped home free had it for about 10 yrs then sold it, never lost the fever so bought a 2012 bonnie though much smoothe,r the very light 70 was toy to throw around

gregs57

Scooter
I'm in the same boat as Marty,
30 year old son who finally admitted it's fum to travel at less than warp speed.
My 2002 100th Anniversary must have impressed him as he's looking seriously at a Thruxton right now.