My Bonnie is bleeding.

yellowrubiu

Street Tracker
hmmm.....I've got a 19t front sproket so my rpm's are probably lower. I was thinking that riding for extended periods at high rpm's might be causing it. But then again it didn't leak on me when I went from central TX to south FL......curiouser and curiouser.....

Interesting that you bring this up because the first time mine started weeping oil out of the cam covers was when I pushed it to about 6 or 7K rpm's. I've had it taken care of by the dealer since and no more leaking problems, at least for now anyway.

slowgator

750cc
My 07 T100 did the same thing and the dealer fixed it for free under the warranty. Since yours is under warranty, why not let them do it?

MAN! My '70 Bonny leaked and I thought the "new" Bonnies had fixed this. My '07 is leaking AGAIN at 17K after having the gasket replaced under warranty several thousand miles ago! Now the dealer is saying the cam cover could be warped and may need replacing. Anyone ever heard of a warped cam cover? No warranty now.:eeek:

cantilever

Scooter
try some new rubber washers or a metal washer in addition to the rubber ones under the cam cover bolts. The new gasket has probably compressed a bit, just enough to leak... a little extra pressure using fresh washers or an extra metal one would fix it right up.

jhillier71

Street Tracker
had the same issue on my '10 thrux10.

Cam cover gasket needed to be replaced, all under warranty. As others have said, it's a known issue. I think the dealer added to the new gasket with some other shit (liquid gasket or similar, dunno)...no problems now and I have put another 2000 on her....

six by six

Two Stroke
I took some red RTV sealant and laid a thin bead on both sides of the gasket. Torqued it down and NO MORE LEAKS!

austat2

Scooter
i took my 2010 Se to the dealer and told the service manager about the leak the dumb fukker told me that new gaskets have oil in em and weep when the bike heats up... So i asked him why did it take 13000kms for it to heat up enough.He said bring it back if it happens again i`ve done another 1000kms since and it hasnt weeped again yet. But i couldnt believe it when he tried to bullshit me

Masks!

Scooter
Mine leaked too. I prefer to not let dealers touch my stuff anymore, and besides, they had every excuse in the book on why they didn't need to address it. I replaced the gasket myself and used some gasket sealer and now it's fine. The gasket sealer is the key here to insuring it doesn't happen again.

EncoreJoe

Scooter
Cam cover bolt washers

My Scrambler started weeping too at 7,000 miles. The washers under the cam cover bolts had hardened and lost their resiliancy.

I just replaced those and reused the cam cover gasket with a thin smear of RTV on it.

No leaks at all now.

Joe

RICHW

Scooter
...and be sure not to over-tighten those cam cover bolts (only supposed to be 10 Nm) or you'll be in a world of hurt!