Movie: Bad Teacher

Kframe

Street Tracker
So, I don't go to the theater very much, like 2-3x a year. Usually just watch stuff on Netflix...

Anyway, went to Bad Teacher the other night, thought it was pretty hilarious. Stupid, but hilarious.
Kind of a far fetched plot and resolution but I wasn't there for an Oscar winning story.

Several side busting scenes in which the entire audience was roaring, in particular, the bathroom scene is pretty well done! :lol:

We were choosing between Hangover 2 and this one, and I think it was a decent choice. Still want to see H2 though.

Justin Timberlake is in it, I didn't know that when I walked in, and groaned when I saw him, but turns out they paint him to be a major douchebag so I was pleased. Cameron Diaz didn't really need to act much, so her role was well played. Several other decent supporting roles.

Basically, I liked it, I still hate paying $9.50 for a damn movie, but eh, that's life.
:popcorn:
(That size popcorn would be $500.)

AceT100

Rocker
Many movie chains are feeling the pinch and do deals.....there's 2 theaters near us that do $5.00 movies before 5pm EVERY day, and our regular theater do a re-loadable credit card which allows you to prepay for 10 movies in advance for $60....which means $6.00 instead of $10.

Cars 2 is on my radar this upcoming week, then Bad Teacher. :popcorn:

Saw Super 8 last weekend...I really enjoyed it, couple of friends saw it and hated it.

strokerlmt

We like movies but the cost is pissing us off. We sneak popcorn in ...in my wifes big purse because they ripppp u off. We watch the "good stuff" on the big screen. It is netflix for the bruckheimer stuff, jerky cut to cut scene loud music 20-30 yr old stuff and only if it is a hit.
LMT
Love comedies....I have never figured out what Justine Timberlake has to offer to anyone.

koifarm

Hooligan
I'll agree on the movie theaters prices, even with a "Senior" discount it's still $8 for a matinee movie...and the concession stand...meh,,,asked for a small box of M&M Peanuts and was told $4.75....now that's fucking ripoff material....wife and I usually carry some odds and ends in her purse and avoid the concession entirely. I could not imagine a family of four's hit on the concession stand....bet you'd be talking $100 bucks for a movie and snacks.
No wonder Netflix is so popular.

Bonafide

NBR founder
Hangover 2 was kind of a let down to me. Funny. Shocking. But, it was just a complete repeat of the first movie's story line set in a different location. Sooo predictable this time. And .. waaay too much penis being shown.

Crispy

Scooter
Cameron Diaz is like...the ONLY funny chick in hollyweird these days. Id go see it when it come to my local cheapo theatre for $4.50 tuesdays.

But im with the others on netflix. Best $16.50 a month I spend.

Kirkus51

Hooligan
I'm pretty jaundiced about the movie fare out there. Sometimes I think that they can make a movie just because they can put new special effects in it and no thought about the plot.