Motorcycle Shipping

I bought a bike in Georgia and need it shipped up to my place in Massachusetts. My shipper has disappeared for some reason and I was wondering if anyone knows of a reliable shipper who can do the job for me.

I've explored the Uship option and it's in the works, but casting many nets.

Thanks guys.

strokerlmt

I bought a rolling frame from Atlanta and googled a motorcycle only shipper and shipped from GA to CA door to door no problem. I have done 4 bikes via truck shipment from other states. IMHO don't go for discount lowest price….pay a little more and get NAME companies. My two cents…..
LMT

Bonafide

NBR founder
If you're not in a hurry to get it .. then find a shipping company that has a very good reputation who can put it on their pick up manifest for this area. Otherwise, Uship and places like that have a bidding board .. and the lowest bid chuckleheads to end up transporting your bike could be the biggest moron on the planet. I tried it once .. I wont do that again.

And .. right now .. nothing is moving out or thru Atlanta. The city is gridlocked because of a freak winter storm. Literally .. shut down.

whyme

TT Racer
yeah saw that on the news...you guys really can't drive in the snow huh??...is is that, lack of snow equipment, less AWD vehicles or a combo of everything??

My shipper has reappeared. Apparently he had the flu. Thanks for the suggestions though. Apparently he's picking it up for me Tuesday. Very excited about that.

whyme

TT Racer
i shipped from Michigan and got a name from the seller. The guy was good and he even undercut any of the other prices I got from u-ship etc. He told me when he was coming my way in a week or and loaded the bike on a car carrier. The funny thing was that he loaded all of the extras the seller added in the trunks of the cars. One trunk had a hitch motorcycle hauler,...another had a rear hard case and a cover.
Was a little nervous because of the lack of paperwork etc. I just trusted the seller and his referral. Not sure I would do that again to save $100 though.
I think it was just a side cash deal for him. Hope it works out well for you.

Bonafide

NBR founder
yeah saw that on the news...you guys really can't drive in the snow huh??...is is that, lack of snow equipment, less AWD vehicles or a combo of everything??

It was the damn Yankees. Ya know, the ones who moved down here and think the govt will have all the roads scraped, salted, etc .. and the fact of the matter, we dont do shit to the roads down here. The Southerners hunker down/stay at home for a couple days til the sun comes back out and melts it away. So the Yankees jump in their cars will all that, 'I know how to drive' arrogance and start smashing into each other and fuck up the roadways like nobodys business.

Well, that and the weatherman is a dick. The snow came in so hard/fast that we ended up with THOUSANDS of kids stranded at their schools .. and that's just in my county. There's 13 other counties in the metro area.

The semi trucks seem to be the biggest culprits for jacking up the interstates ..

Haha, god damn yankees...

Don't let people fool you. Most everyone here has trouble driving in the snow as well. Everyone likes to talk like they're hardened survival warriors, but it's the same panic and craziness here. Everyone scrambling to get milk for some reason, because we all need milk?

When it snows I do what you said and just hunker down, stay warm, and enjoy some downtime.

I'm surprised no one in this thread has asked the obvious question yet.

whyme

TT Racer
what color is snow?? is that the obvious question??

I saw that Atlanta is all over the weatherman.....he's probably a damn Yankee too!!

Bonafide

NBR founder
what color is snow?? is that the obvious question??

I saw that Atlanta is all over the weatherman.....he's probably a damn Yankee too!!

More than likely .. and I bet he got his degree off the internet.

It wasnt the snow ... it was the 2" of ICE and the sudden drop in temps. The weather fuckers mis-predicted the shit out of it. At NOON when everyone figured out it was going to be more than a light dusting .. it was too late. There's 6 million people in the metro Atlanta area. Kids stranded at schools for 2 days .. hundred of thousands of people stranded on the roads .. so yankees like you making the stupid ass 'you guys cant drive' comments really rub me the wrong way. My neighbor's kid was figure skating in the middle of the street yesterday .. that aint normal in Atlanta.

whyme

TT Racer
well you know how that goes...us stupid ass yankees like to poke fun of the stupid ass southerners. Mid-Atlantic gets made fun of by the true northern folks who really have snow-our schools close very easily for snow and the roads are fine. Everyone is worried about a lawsuit.
It's just unbelievable when you see the pictures. We are so used to getting our roads salted within hours of ice or snow i guess. The pictures are surreal.

Flaco

750cc
Sounds like you have it worked out…
I have used these guys and will use no other…
That good with their experience, knowledge and equipment...
http://dedicatedvt.com/
If you want it "overnight" (to coin a phrase) you'll pay out your nose…
Patients is frugal when shipping a MC...
I bought a bike in Georgia and need it shipped up to my place in Massachusetts. My shipper has disappeared for some reason and I was wondering if anyone knows of a reliable shipper who can do the job for me.

I've explored the Uship option and it's in the works, but casting many nets.

Thanks guys.