Motorcycle boots for commuting

henrys

Street Tracker
I'm looking for some good motorcycle boots that I can wear for motorcycle commuting to work meaning comfortable enough to wear all day. Any suggestions?

nachog35

Scooter
Puma Bonneville Boots discontinued but still available new on eBay for about $140. They fit just like my Puma athletic shoes but offer great protection.

monty

Street Tracker
I use Altberg Field and fell boots. I wear them to work, get changed and wear them all day.

Check out the Altberg Hogg boots. Specific for motorcycle use.

http://www.altberg.co.uk/category/motorcycle-boots/

They are made in Richmond, Yorkshire, England and they also do made to measure.......No connection to the firm. I am on my third pair of Altbergs. They last me on average about 3-4yrs each pair.

Monty

strokerlmt

+ one.....I have a pair of 12 year old red wings that have been re soled twice and still keep on trucking....
LMT

marthruxton

Two Stroke
I have had my Sidi boots for 12 years now. The velcro is still like new. I have never had any velcro wear out for that matter on jackets or boots.

henrys

Street Tracker
I really like the SiDi stuff. How hot are the gore-tex boots in the summer? I'm in Texas where it gets really hot...

neuroboy

750cc
I have had my Sidi boots for 12 years now. The velcro is still like new. I have never had any velcro wear out for that matter on jackets or boots.

good to know. thanks. i only say that because it happened to a friend. . . not Sidi boots though.

Last edited:

JimmyR

Street Tracker
Where I live gets crazy hot - I wear Dr Martens "Chelsea Boot". Not sure how crash friendly they are but I have had them for 4-5 years now and they are all-day comfy, not too hot in summer and being elastic sided they are easy to get on and off. I have worn a little gear shift patch into the left boot but that doesn't bother me. Maybe I should look at "real" motorbike boots?

hankmarx

750cc
I think the goretex is too hot for central Texas. I am a fan of the aerostich combat Lites.
Break in was a bitch , and too much walking would be bad, but they are nice.

Demar

Two Stroke
I wear the mesh aeros if it's hot and the Taureg's if it's cold. The aeros let in a good amount of air.

Attachments

• 404GRL.jpg
    404GRL.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 0
  • vj429_tuareg.jpg
    vj429_tuareg.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited: