Modre's lowsets now on.

Fr. Joe 07T100

Street Tracker
I absolutely can't believe that anyone is giving Modre any crap whatsoever about his peg lowering kit. If you buy it and don't like it, fine. You can instantly re sell it on the forums. Just think about all of the hand labor going into making those very good fitting parts that he sells very cheaply. Yeah, if they were made automatically on CNC equipment, the price might be considered high, but making them by hand is a whole nother thing. I love them because they keep me from getting leg cramps. If he doesn't want to work in the heat to make them in the summer, keep your pants on and wait, or make them yourself. Or, you could go to a machine shop and they will probably make you a set for several hundred dollars, or more.

Personally, I am grateful to Modre for selling me one of the early sets and am somewhat amazed that he has made so many sets of these by hands. That has got to be seriously boring work after the first 10.

Well, maybe one more post! Geolpilot, get real. Re-read the posts here and on the RAT site and ask yourself where the "crap" is coming from!:mad:

Last edited:
T

Triumph

Re-read the posts here and on the RAT site and ask yourself where the "crap" is coming from!:mad:

Maybe he just needs to get to the doctor for a new scrip...

rx-meds4c.gif

Hedge

American Infidel
Geo - everything you said about Ricks lowering pegs is 100% spot on. As you know I have them on as well and will leave them on. I have one of the first sets produced and I am grateful that Rick fabricated these because my legs use to cramp up after an hour or so. The 2" drop-down is quite comfortable for me now. I've said this before, the only thing that drags occasionally is my size 9 Sidi and I use that touch to guage where I am in a turn. I can easily pick the foot up some more and lean further over if i please as well. I also have the Oberon touring pegs on so it raises my clearance a bit. All in all I am a 100% satisfied customer.

My issue is the way he chastised the Fatha. Now reaming me a new asshole is fine, I'm use to it and my skin is pretty thick. I'm not even pissed at my buddy Bill photoshopping an asshole on my face because me and him have met and we are OK. But ya kinda got to think it through when you attack harmless gentle folks - it sets an ugly mood. However, after seeing the Pythons on the Good Fatha today in his garage pictures, I'm positive he can take care of himself if push comes to shove and ya catch him on the wrong day with his collar off! :D

BTW - I can now report back about the Hella H4 Bulbs. I can say 100% they will not burn anything up. I have tested them in long rides now for over 2 + months or since you asked me what I thought and told you I would get back to you. Well I am, and I say go to the local Foreign Parts store and by the Hella H4 55/100 bulb and put it in and watch the night light up! :)

Bonafide

NBR founder
BTW - I can now report back about the Hella H4 Bulbs. I can say 100% they will not burn anything up. I have tested them in long rides now for over 2 + months or since you asked me what I thought and told you I would get back to you. Well I am, and I say go to the local Foreign Parts store and by the Hella H4 55/100 bulb and put it in and watch the night light up! :)

Then you should create another thread in the product review section. :)

Fr. Joe 07T100

Street Tracker
Hedge continued...
"My issue is the way he chastised the Fatha. Now reaming me a new asshole is fine, I'm use to it and my skin is pretty thick. I'm not even pissed at my buddy Bill photoshopping an asshole on my face because me and him have met and we are OK. But ya kinda got to think it through when you attack harmless gentle folks - it sets an ugly mood. "

harmless?! gentle?!,
Whatchutalkin'bout Homes?
Why I oughta knock you out, Hedge:p

Hedge continued...
"However, after seeing the Pythons on the Good Fatha today in his garage pictures, I'm positive he can take care of himself if push comes to shove and ya catch him on the wrong day with his collar off! :D"

:) lol. "...summer's finally made it, ya, it's finally here at last. Ponycars are cruisin' down on Woodward Avenue, go and try to pass 'em, they'll smoke ya if ya do; the whole town's shakin' from the bottom to the top, everybody wants to do the Horizontal Bop!" -Of course, I don't know what Bob is referring to by Horizontal Bop, but summer is FINALLY here, and that means the collar is usually off, so watch out ya hooligans!

Last edited:

GeoDiablo

Two Stroke
Can we close this thread now please? it was getting a little heated back there and I think it has played itself out.

Please?

Hello

:rolleyes:

Bonafide

NBR founder
no. i'm not closing the thread - closing will cause it to disappear and tho it was a "heated" thread ... it IS a notable one for those who may be interested in this product/modification and the possible problems that may arrise from having to deal with Modre if you dont like his product.

Fr. Joe 07T100

Street Tracker
no. i'm not closing the thread - closing will cause it to disappear and tho it was a "heated" thread ... it IS a notable one for those who may be interested in this product/modification and the possible problems that may arrise from having to deal with Modre if you dont like his product.

fair enough Bonafide :)

modre doesn't waste one second for the amusement of the home shopping crowd...the stuff I make isn't offered for speculation...nor am I interested whether it scratches a particular itch or not.

these were always aimed at the cripples who instantly feel the benefit and for whom they make a significant positive improvement.

please be in an educated position before you talk to me whether you actually need/appreciate the part before you think your money has any sway on me...I will only deal with the target market...window shoppers just move along.

we've already established a solid track record...we're past the speculation period. don't waste my time with fickle buying habits...this isn't the kid's section...and I ain't the ho.

no one else need apply...there is no evaluation on your part.

to be very very clear:
don't waste my time...I only do things for the bulls-eye...and it's always been presented as such. if you mis-stepped, that's on you, not me.

if you knew more than me, or had the skills to do it yourself, you wouldn't need me in the first place.

are we clear?

these were intended to let the cripples ride with less pain and torment...they were never a fashion statement for the guys with no hands who think the world (and the talent) falls at their feet for money.

and on the up side, I believe fr joe bought for $30 and selling for $50...that's the sign I'm looking for... the value maintains or increases in the marketplace after the initial offering.

there's the indication of how modre treated the folks...most things depreciate...if these hold their perceived value as I expect they should, the folks got their money's worth, they invested wisely, and time alone will tell the tale of who's who and what's what.

I know that's not the norm to be expected in today's world...but we'll let it ride awhile and see who talks shit and who tells the hard truth.

I'm good with that as is.

The only problem I see is the fact that Modre advertises his pegs for sale, then talks shit to any customer who doesn't turn around and kiss his ass. Where's the business sense in that?

these started out as " I have a solution for the cripples I'll share"

it became an advertisement due to Shawn's demand for ad money/site support to even mention the words. I played the game because the benefit was there...not because money talks.

it was never about money...which is why they were so cheap for the effort.

they were never offered for 3rd party opinion, other than the mercy gift they started out as.

Shawn ended up with $400 for 4 months ad, and I put out 70 sets...the first 35 went for $50, the next 35 sets went for $60.

this was never about anyone's opinion...it was always about keeping the cripples on 2 wheels.

there's a dozen unfinished sets on the bench that may never get done...and 20 requests sitting unanswered in the email...simply because it's not subject to an opinion other than those who need them.

this isn't the drive-thru where you can have it your way for money on demand...not everyone who lusts for sparklies gets them.

if you aren't the target market (and I was very clear from the get-go) they aren't intended for you. I think the problem is folks think they "deserve" any product available because they draw breathe and have a credit card...it just ain't so.

I don't mind doing the deed for a good cause...but I'm not wasting one second because folks with no hands think they're super-consumers.

it's also the reason I haven't offered site support here as well. I don't need to sell these...I don't need to play the game...and I don't need to lower the bar to the least common denominator, or even participate to please the masses.

that probably pisses you off...don't it?

Last edited:

Hedge

American Infidel
It doesn't piss me off! I got mine only because my legs got all cramped up and I couldn't ride after an hour. After installing your lowering kit I can ride as long as my ass can stand it! The cramped leg problem has been removed. I could give a Rat's Ass about less clearance in the corners - I didn't buy this bike for racing, I bought it for country back road touring! I for one thank you very much for my set! :rock:

DavidC

Rocker
If you want, switch the sides on which the pegs are mounted, save $65 bucks, and avoid a nasty little lecture - with comfy knees too!

Pistole

moped
I have read about everything Modre has written from Horizons to here and I must say his modifications are brilliant in simplicity. I can't understand why the Manufactuers don't come up with accessories like these. Let me see Peg lowering kits for people that have medical conditions like me two knee operations arthritic hip who would ride if they were comfortable man how many riders have had some form of leg injury? Exactly! So everything Cool!