Mixing paint using disposable air cans

DIRK

750cc
painted my shovel head with rattle cans in 1970. takes time an elbow grease but it can be done. oh and don't forget mass quantities of grain based liquids.

Craigore

TT Racer
great job! i usually just self etch, prime, and spray with bbq paint. never used any clears or anything like that but I'm into the "mad max" look- certainly good results can be had from the RATTLECAN!

strokerlmt

I agree that it seems rattle can paint is not that great. I went to a automotive paint shop and got a set, glass jar, screw on throw away canned air. They mixed a pint of black and I used a thinner 4 paint to 1 thinner. IMHO it lays on much better than rattle can, light buff with 600 grit 2nd coat, light 800 grit 3 rd coat 1000 steel wool, tack cloth and commercial canned clear coat.
LMT

whyme

TT Racer
I painted 2 little hondas with rattle cans and clear over. Shined up nice and looked great but they seem to chip real easy. Maybe I rush too much and didn't let the coats dry enough...don't know, but you can't beat the price!

DIRK

750cc
most paint shops can custom mix automotive paint into "rattle" cans. not as cheap as the hardware store but better quality. did the dash on my 62 nova worked out well.