Missing stepped sleeve for seat bolt

I just got my bonneville the other day and when I took the seat off to get the owners manual one side had a stepped sleeve, the other didn't. How would I get a replacement?

It still holds the seat tight with just the bolt, but I haven't been on a long ride, so I may need it in the future.

schnabba

Two Stroke
I've had seats that had the sleeve, and ones that did not have the sleeve.... I think it's the same size as the one for the side cover though.... you can find that part if you look on bike bandit.... since the side bolts and the seat bolts are basically interchangeable.

strokerlmt

hey....set it up the way u want it.....don't chase your tail......
I like to be able to take my seat off by hand.....
LMT

Easy13

Street Tracker
Don't sweat it, Chris, I lost one a couple years ago and pulled the other one just to be consistant. No ill effects and it's actually easier to reattach the seat, having bigger holes to fit the bolts through...

Speed3Chris

I like Dick
The metal sleeves are to keep the injection molded plastic ears of the seat pan from becoming scored when tightening down the seat bolts. A work around if you lose one, is simple use a flat faced washer until you purchase another sleeve at the dealer or through bikebandit.
The stepped sleeves are design intent because they not only remain attached to the seat better to pilot the bolts but the protect and add support to the ID of the plastic ear from the threads of the bolt. And yeah, they are easy to lose when taking the seat off.

The metal sleeves are to keep the injection molded plastic ears of the seat pan from becoming scored when tightening down the seat bolts. A work around if you lose one, is simple use a flat faced washer until you purchase another sleeve at the dealer or through bikebandit.
The stepped sleeves are design intent because they not only remain attached to the seat better to pilot the bolts but the protect and add support to the ID of the plastic ear from the threads of the bolt. And yeah, they are easy to lose when taking the seat off.

Thanks all. I'll get a flat faced washer for the time being. Are some T100s equipped with the Scrambler seat, or was this just for Triumph brochure?
T100_2010_gallery1L_1024x768.jpg

The 2010 models actually come with Scrambler seat on some models now. But as Nick says you can buy that seat. ( I did, and the sleeve fall's off on one side when I remove seat! )