Minimal Wiring Harness

ggRAT

Street Tracker
Has anyone checked out the minimalist "Chopper Style" Wiring Diagram that LC Fabrications has designed?

It is described as follows: "The New Bonneville wiring diagram is a simplified chopper style setup so you can build your own harness. Eliminate all the BS safety and emmissions crap found on these bikes and have an easier cleaner job!!" for $20.

Here's more background of how the harness was created. I copy/pasted it from his page about his TT Deluxe project bike... "The wiring on this bike was probably the biggest challenge. A modern engine with all the emissions and safety crap has a wiring diagram that looks like a bowl of spaghetti noodles. At first I went through a lot of trouble to find someone who'd tackled the task before.....no luck. It seems everyone who's ever done one of these simply stuffs the entire factory harness and all of its "mystery boxes" into a fake oil tank, which was not the route I wanted to take. I sat down with a factory diagram, the original harness, and a volt-ohm meter, around 30 or so hours later I had myself what is apparently the first ever chopper-style wiring schematic for a modern Triumph in existence. A lot of headaches, but I now have some pretty clean wiring that only uses what I need – no horn, no dimmer, no emissions, no safety crap, just good old spark, charging, and lights. — Jeremy Cupp, LC Fabrications"

Below is a picture of the TT Deluxe with a Hinckley twin motor...

Attachments

• tt-deluxe-pic5.jpg
    tt-deluxe-pic5.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Bonniebret

Rocker
I saw it once. It seemed pretty straight forward and definitely simpler. That said I am not a person who's versed in electrical so I don't know how easy it would be to do.

2Monkeys

Street Tracker
I'm actually in the middle of of my wiring harness right now. Moving the rectumfire to the back and gitting rid of all the safety things... It is messy, complicated, and the LCF wiring diagram has not helped me... my 2cents

rodburner

Rocker
I used the LCF diagram to unwire my bike. I left out even more than it spells out because I opted not to run turn signals.[until I get busted,anyway]. I used their color code to run all the wires,then just made a new harness from one of those trailer wiring kits. It took a little bit of doing,but I ended up with about 95% less wiring.Worth the price of the diagram,even if it does seem like not a lot for your money when you open the envelope.

Texas94fs

Hooligan
Rodburner, I want to do this along with doing the sidecover and airbox delete but I hate and have a poor understanding of electrical. How worth it is this when you have any sort of gremlin? I'd assume its much easier to track down?

rodburner

Rocker
Much easier. With just a few circuits going to a few things and none of them interconnected,if the headlight is out,check the bulb,the fuse or the one wire feeding it. You can start the bike in any gear,clutch in or out,kickstand up or down.

I want to do this one day. I cleaned up my wiring a while back and moved the recumfire to the back of the battery box (just in front of the tire, works great) but I'd like to go Full Monty and rip all the crap off the bike. Next time I pull the motor I think I'll do that.

Texas94fs

Hooligan
I want to do this one day. I cleaned up my wiring a while back and moved the recumfire to the back of the battery box (just in front of the tire, works great) but I'd like to go Full Monty and rip all the crap off the bike. Next time I pull the motor I think I'll do that.

Let me know when, and we can do a tandem project and get em both done.