Midwest Flooding

T-boy

Rocker
Hopefully all you midwestern NBR'ers are staying high & dry. West Michigan has seen historic flooding. Many homes & businesses are under water here in the Grand Rapids area. Myself, I don't live too far from the Grand River, but I live high on a hill so I'm completely dry, although many area roads are closed because of standing water.

12614593-large.jpg 12614636-mmmain.jpg
Two buildings in downtown G.R. near the Grand River.

12613546-standard.jpg
Fifth Third Ballpark

Last edited:

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
It might be me but every year the tornadoes, floods, storms, earthquakes and winds just seem to be getting more intense and to areas that haven't traditionally been seen before. Glad you are ok.

LoVel

Two Stroke
As far as the floods we keep destroying and paving natural runoff areas and flood plains. You stop the water from going one place and it goes somewhere else.

fender

Street Tracker
Glad your dry! We've been lucky where I am in WI just northwest of Milwaukee. Some of my neighbors have had water issues but that's because of bad building practices. My sump pump is finally slowing down after running almost continuously. It would take 30 seconds to fill the sump basin, which is about 10 gallons. Now it's down to running about once an hour.

Hope it dries out soon in MI as I'll be visiting my nice in the Grand Rapids area this weekend and spending time in Kalamazoo this weekend for my son's soccer tournament.

Last edited:

T-boy

Rocker
Hope it dries out soon in MI as I'll be visiting my nice in the Grand Rapids area this weekend and spending time in Kalamazoo this weekend for my son's soccer tournament.

A dry Sat, Sun, & Monday have helped immensely. Most of the roads in my area are now open. The area rivers have crested and the levels slowly going down. Tuesday's projected rain has so far been a sprinkle here and there. Hopefully the worst is past.

Kirkus51

Hooligan
The 2nd snow storm in as many weeks is melting as we speak, but it won't melt too much as a record low is expected tonight. The problem with all this new snow is it's over the old snow which had been melting. An avalanche this week killed 5 out of six snowboarders up in the high country. lots of snow rudely slipping off the mountains this Spring. And of course the loose boulders falling on the roadways are wreaking the same seasonal havoc they do every year.

Flip

Scooter
It might be me but every year the tornadoes, floods, storms, earthquakes and winds just seem to be getting more intense and to areas that haven't traditionally been seen before. Glad you are ok.

I don't think things have gotten worse, it's just that we have video and pictures of EVERYTHING.

Also, weather and disaster trends and records are a relatively recent advent.

- Flip