Mg V7

drlapo

Hooligan
I now this is not about a triumph but I'm curious
has anyone ridden the new Motot Guzzi V7 Classic?
I sat on one at the NYC show and was impressed
the fit and finish is good and its the right size
I know folks have been critical of its 48 bhp but my 85 BMW has 50 and its good enough for a top speed of 115 and comfortable cruising at 80mph

314lot

Scooter
I was at the NY show with a couple of friends. On the way home we compared favorites. Mine was the V7 (partly due to Triumph’s absence). I would love to try one.

drlapo

Hooligan
you were at the NY show?
why didn't you say HI?
I was the other guy looking at the Moto Guzzis
I'm going to find one in the spring and check it out
I wonder how it will compare to my 83 LeMans?

curezee

Street Tracker
you were at the NY show?
why didn't you say HI?
I was the other guy looking at the Moto Guzzis
I'm going to find one in the spring and check it out
I wonder how it will compare to my 83 LeMans?

Got nothin on my cx500 :p

But in all seriousness, I love that v7 classic. :c

Last edited:

curezee

Street Tracker
Come on...no more comments on the v7. Man, I guess there aren't many of us who appreciate that style. That is a sweet bike Dr. I say go for it!

Last edited:

drlapo

Hooligan
Come on...no more comments on the v7. Man, I guess there aren't many of us who appreciate that style. That is a sweet bike Dr. I say go for it!

yep I need another bike
already have:
79 T140
85 BMW R80
83 Moto Guzzi LeMans
71 BSA B50
05 Thruxton
06 Speed Triple
64 Ducati Monza Jr
08 street triple (son's bike but its in my garage)
07 Daytona 675 (son's bike but its in my garage)

I have an oil stock that was going to be this year's bike but it was worth $10,000 and now its worth $3400, not a good time to sell

Kirkus51

Hooligan
I developed a bad taste in my mouth for Guzzi's (except the Eldorados) when I went for a Thanksgiving ride with my brother on his LeMans. It was not a very good experience since the bike was not very reliable on that particular trip.

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
V72.jpg

I went to the NYC show and I really liked the V7. I sat on it a while and couldn't get over how light it was and how good it looked. I'd love to buy one for my wife. I think it would look good next to my B&W T100. But I can't understand the 48 hp! WTF?

But for my wife, 48 hp woud be fine. And it is a cool bike. For her I picked out the V7 and for me the Ducati GT1000. Hot stuff.

Boofhead

Banned
I developed a bad taste in my mouth for Guzzi's (except the Eldorados) when I went for a Thanksgiving ride with my brother on his LeMans. It was not a very good experience since the bike was not very reliable on that particular trip.

1973 eldorado

Attachments

• my bike`s 007.jpg
    my bike`s 007.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 0
I saw it at the NYC show, as well. What a great looking bike. I'd love one in my garage, too. Most reviews compare the V7 with the Bonnie. The writer of every review I've read seems to have really liked the bike.

Thruxtonian

Street Tracker
I think they nailed the look. Looks suitably vintage but still recognizable as a Guzzi. Haven't seen it in person yet tho.