Metzeler Tourance tire pressure?

scolepdx

Scooter
Seems like I had seen a post about this before but I couldn't find it. What tire pressure should you use for a set of Metzeler Tourances? When I googled it I saw a big range anywhere from 28-36 all over the web.

Thanks!

bikebits

Scooter
Use the tire pressures from the data plate on the swingarm. It applies to any make of tire. 30 psi front, 34 rear.

tribear

Street Tracker
You ain't kidding....i've seen all sorts of recommends as well with a large range of psi. At one point someone stated 33 front/38 rear which is the stock psi for the Bonnie. I've been running those numbers in my Tourances on the Scram and they are working well. I've had a few pounds less in them at times after the bike had been sitting and they felt too soft. The 33/38 appears to be great for street riding. If you are planning on spending a lot of time on dirt/gravel roads, then I would suggest less psi to help with traction and some absorbtion which is why I think Triumph lists the 30/34 for the Scram with the Trail Wings installed.
Good luck and enjoy those Tourance Tires.
They are awesome.....
C

Last edited:

gcrider

Street Tracker
I run whatever is listed on the side of the Tourances - I'm not at home and can't check. I'm sure it's more than you guys are talking about though. Sounds like some experimentation is in order.