mesh jacket / Joe Rocket

GuyM

Street Tracker
Wow - got my very first mesh motorcycle jacket today. Ordered it a few days ago from New Enough for a whopping $89, a Joe Rocket jacket. Never had anything like it. Always rode in a leather jacket when I could, but my only leather jacket now is very heavily insulated - too warm for the summer weather.

First ride this afternoon was about a 120 mile highway trip up into the Cascades and back home. Mostly warm, cool up at 4000' and a little rain shower at one point. I have never been so comfortable on a motorcycle in warm/hot weather! As soon as I'd start rolling away from a stoplight, the breeze filtered through and cooled me. It was terrific!

The Joe Rocket jacket fits well. Has some built-in padding on the back, shoulders and elbows. Has an insulated liner that zips out. Very nice. I should have got one of these years ago!

Regards, Guy

Bonafide

NBR founder
Hey GuyM - What the model # on your jacket?

GF just got her 2nd Joe Rocket jacket not too long ago and it's a Reactor 2.0 - has leather on the outer sleeves (elbows to wrists) and across the entire shoulder, along with CE armor - yet everything else is cool summer mesh. They sell on eBay for $179, but if you look up ridersdiscount - they put up a 'best offer' feature on most of their auctions. very cool company to deal with.

320x320-FULL.jpg

Her previous Joe Rocket jacket was an older model and is made from heavy condura material. Very nice early Spring/late Fall jacket with quited liner and waterproof liner. Too hot for Summer ridin.

Both jackets FIT very well.

GuyM

Street Tracker
This one is called a "Phoenix 4.0" whatever that means! I don't know much about these doggone mesh jackets - except mine is really comfortable! After the heavy leather, insulated jacket, this thing is great!

I suppose the best protection is a heavy leather jacket w/built in armor though.

Regards, Guy

AceRich

moped
Rocket Mesh

Late on the uptake, but I use the Joe Rocket mesh Jacket for work, it's very comfortable especialy if your "hot blooded!" like me!

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
I just bought the Joe Rocket Mesh jacket- the Phoenix Model. Got it yesterday. Wow! Amazing comfort. Its in the 90's here in NY this weekend so its right on time . Here is a picture-

0a15cdc9b55fc2b7bf3d8827319a9879_rough.jpg

Of couse it has CE elbows and shoulders and I am putting my back protector in from another jacket. It's like wearing a tee shirt while I ride - totally cool and comfortable. Lower arms, shoulders, elbows all covered and armored, I can't imagine this jacket has a smuch real abrasion protection as leather, but its certainly better protection than just wearing a tee shirt.

I highly recommend this jacket for hot days.. Its literally as cool and comfortable as a tee shirt and it still feels like you have some protection. *It comes with a full sleeve zip out waterproof liner.

Last edited:

ssjones

750cc
Once you wear a mesh jacket, you'll wonder how you ever got along without this wonderful piece of gear. Starting in May, that's the only thing I wear. Make sure the one you get has a full-sleeve zip-out liner. The liner of my Fieldsheer can stuff into my pants pocket if necessary (keep it in my saddlebag) so it's always there when I need it.

I have the very same jacket and I really like it. I use a full leather jacket when the temperature cools down. If it really gets cold I put a windbreaker over the leather jacket.

DandyDoug

750cc
I have been wearing a Joe Rocket mesh jacket for several years now. It has no liner so I keep and older Frogg Toggs jacket handy and slip it on under the JR if the temp drops, works a treat !!