Mean while, In Japan...

Kframe

Street Tracker
This reminds me...
Didn't I hear about these motorcycle "gangs" in Japan where the bikes are all blinged up stupid style and the riders troll around town revving their engines to redline while crawling along at a snails pace while the cops follow them around making sure they don't cause any real trouble? Where did I hear about that?
-K

Oxblood

750cc
This reminds me...
...where the bikes are all blinged up stupid style and the riders troll around town revving their engines to redline...

Around here we call call that harley riders at stoplights. I swear to god every harley rider must be afraid their bikes about to die cause they all blip the throttle while stopped.

Oxblood

750cc
This reminds me...
Didn't I hear about these motorcycle "gangs" in Japan where the bikes are all blinged up stupid style and the riders troll around town revving their engines to redline while crawling along at a snails pace while the cops follow them around making sure they don't cause any real trouble? Where did I hear about that?
-K
From Wikipedia:

The word bōsōzoku is also applied to motorcycle gangs, who share an interest in modifications (often illegal) for motorcycles, such as removing the mufflers so that more noise is produced. These bōsōzoku groups also engage in dangerous or reckless driving, such as weaving in traffic, not wearing motorcycle helmets, and running red lights. Another activity is shinai bōsō (市内暴走) speeding in city streets, not usually for street racing but more for thrills. With many bikes involved, the leading one is driven by the sentōsha (先頭車), the leader, who is responsible for the event and is not allowed to be overtaken. Japanese police call them Maru-Sō (police code マル走), and dispatch a police vehicle to trail any groups of bikes to prevent any possible incidents, which can include riding through suburbs at speeds of 5–10 miles an hour, creating a loud disturbance and waving imperial Japanese flags, to starting fights which can include weapons such as wooden swords, metal pipes, baseball bats and Molotov cocktails. These bōsōzoku gangs are generally composed of people under the legal adult age, which in Japan is 20 years old, and are subject to increasing state and police pressure.

D9

Vendor
Some of the dress funny, but some sure build some nice choppers.
http://www.jockeyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69169

All I can say is... if you appreciate old school, honest choppers & bobbers... riders, not showboats... with plenty incredible, hand-wrought but not overworked details... spend some time looking at the pics in the link above...for me, this stuff is hugely inspiring... the Japanese are on to something, as usual...

West

Scooter
I swear to god every harley rider must be afraid their bikes about to die cause they all blip the throttle while stopped.

I nearly got punched in the nose recently when I approached a group of throttle revver's at a cycle gathering.

Over the din I yelled and pointed "If you turn that idle knob in a couple of turns your bike will idle better!"