Mbar norman hyde

FrankieD

Scooter
I had my M bars on upside down.

She turns in quicker and has a much more "sporty" feel. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

ralfy

moped
I mounted the M Bar is the place, here is my impression, it is more about the handles, it has a better driving experience, this is more the vibration and shock of the forks too, when he looks at race .

loxpump

Rocker
Mounted mine upside down too. I like the lower feel. It seems to help out with the wind having a more forward position.

Mounted mine upside down too. I like the lower feel. It seems to help out with the wind having a more forward position.

Here's a comment I pulled off of another forum:

"If you've got Norman Hyde bars, the Norman Hyde sticker should be on the right, on the top. Here's what Norman Hyde wrote to me: "All our bars have our name on a sticker on the top right hand side of the bars. When fitting these lower bars, we like to pivot about the hips, so the hands go forward a little & the feet go back a little. You need to angle the bars so that they fall into your hands comfortably, so that they are not pushing hard on one part of your hand."

If I remember correctly, this would mean that the lower riding position would actually be right side up and the higher riding position would be upside down.

drlapo

Hooligan
Norman Hyde developed the M bar so Triumph riders could use ACE style bars
due to Triumph's use of P clamps on their hndlebars, regular ACE bars will not fit
the sweeping bends of the M bar allow the P clamps to be used
it is to be used in the low position to mimic clip ons

Craigore

TT Racer
I had M-bars for a while. I REALLY LIKED THEM! I switched from those to clip ons and am now back to a superbike style bar (biltwell) now. I miss the m-bars a little bit.

JimmyR

Street Tracker
I dunno about the M-bars but I did when fitting Thruxton bars to my Bonnie. Even using Thruxton risers they weren't high enough to clear the tank. So I'm a bit confused about that! Now I have Thruxton risers plus a pair of "fill-in" risers to add a little extra height and now they clear the tank. But at full lock I can still squish my thumbs!

I believe the M-bars are a little wider than Thruxtons, so maybe that helps?