Mag Wheel Conversion Kit....

beemerrich

Street Tracker
...for carbed bonnies, thruxtons, and scramblers. Includes:

- Front & rear mag wheels with stock Metzlers...there's probably 5K miles left in the tires. The rear wheel includes the black cush drive/sprocket carrier.

- F3 fork tubes with mag wheel bonnie lowers fitted...rebuilt with new fork seals/bushings/10 weight oil.

- A brand new EBC floating rotor on the front wheel

- A mag wheel speedo drive w/ ~1/8" milled off the wheel side of the bushing to allow the wheel assembly to work with carbed bonnies, thruxtons, and scrambler triple trees.

For pics and additional info, look here:

http://www.triumphrat.net/for-sale-...wheel-conversion-kit-for-carbed-machines.html

I have over $1,400 into this setup without including the money spent on shipping costs, fork rebuild parts, machine shop services, and other incidentals...so I'm looking for reasonable offers from interested parties.

Thanks!!

--Rich

strokerlmt

Beemer......I would like to see what you are offering but I am NOT allowed to access the classified area. Can you post the pics here please . Thanks....
LMT

Flaco

750cc
What!

Beemer......I am NOT allowed to access the classified area.
LMT

Why? pm me if you like for an explination. I'm curious...

(I'm too lazy for spell check)...

I've got some global warming ocean front property in AZ that you might be interested in!

Great X-mas card BTW... Thank you...

Allin,

790 cc '05 Bonnie 73 RWHP boat anchor...

strokerlmt

No ....I am a member "over there"....but month's ago I was told that I could not access the classified section anymore without becoming some sort of DIFFERENT member which I decided I did not want to do. I don't like being told I can't do something without providing extra info or a fee or whatever ;-))))))
LMT

beemerrich

Street Tracker
Beemer......I would like to see what you are offering but I am NOT allowed to access the classified area. Can you post the pics here please . Thanks....
LMT

Lach,

Sorry about that...I was being lazy and figured that, even if rarely used, most folks had accounts with the various forums. For those who subscribe, the classifieds aren't available for posting for some sort of period of time to keep folks from joining and immediately spamming the classifieds. All ads require approval, so I guess I'm not sure why the delay...

I've attached pics of the various parts along with them fitted on my bike...you basically get everything for the front and rear wheels except the axles, rear sprocket, and rear rotor.

It really makes the bike light on her feet - with the cast wheels removing over 10 lbs. of rotating mass and the 17 inch wheel quickening turn-ins. The CBR600F3 forks are cartridge type and have adjustable preload & rebound dampning.

The only reason I'm selling is I fitted CBR600F3 wheels front & back now and these are redundant. My shop is only 10 x 10 in area, so I could also use the space.

Regards,

--Rich

PS - forgot to say, the front axle and rear brake disk in the parts pics are NOT included in the sale. My thruxton isn't either... :)

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 024.jpg
    024.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    93.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

strokerlmt

Thx Rick.....no apology necessary. Thx for posting pics. You did a great job. I thought the Honda fork conversions allowed for dual front brakes ???
LMT

Last edited:
When you use the Honda wheels you can use dual front discs, but he's using the Bonneville mag wheels, which only have one disc.

Are they really mag wheels? Doesn't that mean magnesium? I'm not being a know-it-all, I literally don't know if that's why they're called mag wheels, but I thought they were only mag if they were magnesium. I think the aluminum one's are cast wheels, or alloy wheels?

I don't fuckin know.

BTW Rich, thanks for the brembo brake! It's gonna be sweet!

Vouching for Rich being a quick shipper.

beemerrich

Street Tracker
Lach,

What Jim (articsea) said. The forks tubes are F3, but the fork sliders and wheels are from a mag wheel bonnie. This is the most direct and least costly way to achieve tubless rims for a carbed bonnie. You want the F3 tubes since they not only are cartridge type, but also longer than stock bonnie forks...thus compensating for the reduction in wheel diameter from 19" to 17".

Converting to the full out F3 wheel setup entails much more work & expense. For starters, the F3 doesn't have provisions for a mechanical speedo, so you're looking at replacing the clocks in addition to doing the wheel swap. Additionally, the machining is much more involved, you have to buy a master cylinder to feed the extra caliper, and the rear wheel assembly is an amalgam of honda, triumph, & fabricated bits. A pic of my thuxton with the F3 wheels is attached.

Regards,

--Rich

Attachments

• 0 01 F3 Wheels.jpg
    0 01 F3 Wheels.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 0

beemerrich

Street Tracker
Correct on the speedo...was mostly pointing out the extra stuff you need to deal with/pay for.

The clocks add the most cost since it's another 3 or 4 hundred bones to get something that looks right and is mounted nicely. I've had an email exchange going with Seth in hopes of finding an electronic speedo & tach that will go into my existing mini-gauge/ignition relocation dash.

The F3 mc works for thruxtons & scramblers. A speedmaster works for bonnies & T-100s. Both are 1/2" bore. The stock caliper also fits the f3 fork legs, so you have the option of buying a set of f3 calipers or just a speedmaster right side caliper.

BTW, the mag wheel conversion kit has a buyer/sale is pending.

Regards,

--Rich

Flaco

750cc
Oh! I get it now. I can't edit my classifieds "over there"...:piss:

I always give NBR first choice, first post. :up:
You have helped so many of us over here w/ tech, ideas, performance info as well as parts...
I't doesn't go unnoticed and appriciated!
Thanks...
I may post pic's of my build in process soon...
(I might get a lot of, well maybe undesirable comments from many purists.)

A.K.
aka...
"Boat Anchor Bonnie Bobber"

No ....I am a member "over there"....but month's ago I was told that I could not access the classified section anymore without becoming some sort of DIFFERENT member which I decided I did not want to do. I don't like being told I can't do something without providing extra info or a fee or whatever ;-))))))
LMT

strokerlmt

Oh! I get it now. I can't edit my classifieds "over there"...:piss:

I always give NBR first choice, first post. :up:
You have helped so many of us over here w/ tech, ideas, performance info as well as parts...
I't doesn't go unnoticed and appriciated!
Thanks...
I may post pic's of my build in process soon...
(I might get a lot of, well maybe undesirable comments from many purists.)

A.K.
aka...
"Boat Anchor Bonnie Bobber"

Allin.......no negs from here.....different is "good".....different is "betta" in my books....can't wait to seeeee.
LMT

agsurf5

moped
I am curious to know whether you felt any advantage on using the F3 Wheels vs the Mag Bonnie.
I have a Mag one and I was looking into either replacing the from forks with F3 or doing the full swap. Looking for advice.

Ps I am not sure you still have the forks. If yes i am interested.

beemerrich

Street Tracker
The biggest advantage of the F3 wheels is tire choice...the stock mag wheels are limiting in their width and don't allow you to run the sticky radials that are available once you get at least 4.5" wide in back and 3.5" wide in front. Turn in and rotating mass are identical otherwise.

On the braking front, you also get a second rotor...so you now have with 2 fingers what you would need at least 3 to accomplish on the stock single rotor setup. That helps immensely if you are into cracking the throttle while trail-braking into the corner...

The mag wheel conversion kit is long gone and living happily in Oz. I doubt if Lawrie is finished with it (post #8 if it doesn't take you there):

http://www.triumphrat.net/twins-tec...-se-rims-on-my-2006-thruxton.html#post5331162

Good luck with your upgrades.

Cheers,

--Rich