Exhaust Install

FrankieD

Scooter
I just got my BC predator exhaust for my 09 T100 and intend to install tonight.

What tools am I going to need?

Do I need silicone, if so which one?

Pics to come.

MattRat

TT Racer
metric socket set
(Theoretically you should use a torque wrench, but I never have)

you can use clear silicone, but if you tighten the clamps well, probably don't need it.

^^^ that's just for install - I have no idea what kind of adjustment you need to make to the fuel injection system.

Last edited:

Iceseven

750cc
I used Permatex Ultra Copper sealant on my pipes and it works great. I tried it without sealant on my mufflers but just couldn't get it to seal without the sealant.

FrankieD

Scooter
Thanks for the quick replies. The Permatex sealer could be picked up at Autozone, Pep Boys, Advanced Auto Parts etc, right?

RE: Torque wrench - I was going to give it a whirl with out one. Any one know the torque specs for the exhaust, just for reference.

FrankieD

Scooter
I installed the pipes without a sealant. My dealer from whom I picked up the pipes said they never use any type of sealant. I made sure the bolts were snug and then a bit more.

They sound INCREDIBLE. The youtube videos and audio files I've heard while researching do NOT do these pipes justice. They are definitely louder than I thought, but the tone quality is incredible. They turned my Bonnie into a angry badass monster, I am loving it.

ivar

TT Racer
Do I need silicone, if so which one?

I put on my Dominator touring pipes (which from what I understand is very similar to the Predators..?) a few weeks ago, seemed to seal good without any sealant.
But last year when I installed a set of Speciality Spares (Emgo) shorty reverse cones, they leaked at the adapter pipes, even with sealant.

Iceseven

750cc
Yeah when I installed Emgo's (Sprints) on my 04 Bonnie they leaked badly and then the Tor's on my Scrambler which also leaked so it may be tighter tolerences make the difference.

Glad the install went good and you are happy with the BC's.

FrankieD

Scooter
Yeah when I installed Emgo's (Sprints) on my 04 Bonnie they leaked badly and then the Tor's on my Scrambler which also leaked so it may be tighter tolerences make the difference.

Glad the install went good and you are happy with the BC's.

I am going to keep an eye on them. Appreciate the tip, though.

scrib74

Scooter
this thread might be dead, but i've got some predators on the way and wonder if using the sealant will prevent my being able to take them off if i choose to down the road.

Grassy53

Scooter
this thread might be dead, but i've got some predators on the way and wonder if using the sealant will prevent my being able to take them off if i choose to down the road.

Silicone sealant wont make it any harder to remove the pipes. I have fitted preds to my 07 T100 . You will love them :) , just make sure you get the jetting right...Sweeet.
Rob