lowered bonnie with drag bars

wils36

moped
I am considering new bars and I am leaning towards drag bars. I am also considering lowering the bike with new shocks and fork springs. Does anyone have any pics of something similiar?

Bonniebret

Rocker
Got some pics of one that's slammed. The guy replaced the rear shocks with struts and lowered the front end. I'll get pics up tomorrow.

I lowered my 09 a year ago, I did 1" lower progressive springs in the tubes, and 1" lower progressives in the rear. I did it because I'm short. I had my seat reworked to make it about a half inch lower also.

I have never had a problem with cornering. I'm not an overly agressive rider.
I haven't been able to rub the pegs, however the kickstand rubs on some speed bumps when riding two up.

You will need to adjust the kickstand, but that's not a big deal if you have access to a torch.

Visually you won't notice much of a difference.

cynr1023

TT Racer
100_3857.jpg

cockpit view
100_3850.jpg

side view

Twodogs

Street Tracker
I was supplied the wrong set of Hagon Classic shocks for my T100 once that as it worked out were actually for an American so it made it sit 1 inch lower. It looked good and the clearance did not seem to be affected but unfortunately the spring rate was 30kg instead of 20 so after nearly going over the bars a couple of times I had the correct ones supplied. With the correct ones now fitted and seeing how it looked again back at standard height I am seriously thinking of lowering them. I am 6' and I didn't find it uncomfortable either.

neuroboy

750cc
also, remember that the drag bars don't clear the tank properly. . . case in point, the "dimple" on the left side of the tank in the top picture of the drag bars.