"Low Cafe Bar" from NewBonneville.com

nohawk

Rocker
Anyone got these on thier bike? Id like some info/opinions/pics. I have ace bars on my bike now and they are cool but I like to change things up from time to time, thats what makes the Bonneville so great. They really are a blank canvas.

MES

750cc
those are made by "Flanders"
Both JRH and I have them. I also have the flanders " clubmans" that I cut down and re-bent.

we both like 'em . One thing about the "low cafe bars" is that the rise angle is very shallow so I could not cut as much off the ends as I wanted. I like narrow bars, it might not bother other people.
The pull back is really shallow which I like. very neutral on the wrists and good for people with long arms or who want to get a little more forward on the bike. A little extra weigth on the front end really helps these bikes.

here is a link that you might want to look at

BornAgain

Scooter
I have Flanders low cafe bars which I cut them down to 29 inches. I like the riding position 32 inches was just a little too wide for my reach.

em_dot

Street Tracker
I have Bellacorse Superbars that are 29.5" wide. Basically a cut-down version of the low cafe bars. Super easy install even for me. Stock cables work fine, but you may want to use a zip tie on clutch cable (to the frame). I had a little more slack on mine, it hit the header and burned. A $50.00 lesson in attention to detail!

Here's a link: http://www.bellacorse.com/bcc002-6.htm

Here's a couple of pics:

Bonnie2.jpg

Bonnie3.jpg

nohawk

Rocker
those are made by "Flanders"
Both JRH and I have them. I also have the flanders " clubmans" that I cut down and re-bent.

we both like 'em . One thing about the "low cafe bars" is that the rise angle is very shallow so I could not cut as much off the ends as I wanted. I like narrow bars, it might not bother other people.
The pull back is really shallow which I like. very neutral on the wrists and good for people with long arms or who want to get a little more forward on the bike. A little extra weigth on the front end really helps these bikes.

here is a link that you might want to look at

Thanks MES, I like em. I do prefer narrow bars out on the freeway or open country roads but I like more leverage from a wider bar in town.

nohawk

Rocker
I have Flanders low cafe bars which I cut them down to 29 inches. I like the riding position 32 inches was just a little too wide for my reach.

32" width is the same as my Renthals on my dirt bike, that does seem a little much. Wider bars always seem to make the bike feel lighter due to the extra leverage though.

drlapo

Hooligan
lots of bars at the swap meets this year
most are EMGO: high , low, cafe, chopper, wide, narrow
all are priced $15-$20

nohawk

Rocker
I have Bellacorse Superbars that are 29.5" wide. Basically a cut-down version of the low cafe bars. Super easy install even for me. Stock cables work fine, but you may want to use a zip tie on clutch cable (to the frame). I had a little more slack on mine, it hit the header and burned. A $50.00 lesson in attention to detail!

Here's a link: http://www.bellacorse.com/bcc002-6.htm

Here's a couple of pics:

Bonnie2.jpg

Bonnie3.jpg

Your bike is super nice, those bars may be just what Im looking for. Looks like they could be flipped upside down for an even lower position.

em_dot

Street Tracker
Thanks Nohawk. I really enjoy it.

Flipping these bars has been done on the "other site" (not that I encourage you to actually go there). I've seen something similar on Jockey Journal from time to time.

What I like about them is that they are approximately 3" lower and 3" forward. Perfect for a monkey armed man, like myself. With the bar end mirrors, I can actually see stuff behind me. The stockers that just showed me my arms.

Hope that helps. We'll need pics once you are done.

Joel

I have a pair of K&N bars. Purchased used, paid $50 to have powder coated and the results were great. I know it's hard to tell from this shot, but I believe there's just over an inch of rise. I went from a pair of NH ace bars and haven't regreted making the switch.

P5230267.jpg

nohawk

Rocker
Damn that looks good. Do you have to wash your hands before every ride though or does grease/oil/chain lube etc. wipe off those grips easy? Looks like your bike is wearing a tux.. very cool.

em_dot

Street Tracker
I have a pair of K&N bars

The grips, those bars, your tank... really, really nice!

I initially thought about the Ace bars and doing the whole cafe thing, but changed my mind and went in a more traditional direction for a Bonnie.

Mister_Fla

Scooter
Quick question for you all, do the handlebars have to be knurled or plain? I don't get the difference and how it matters...I know stupid question but I've never bought replacement bars for a bike