lovely day for an unintentional quickie

Kirkus51

Hooligan
Went to the garage to run a quickie errand in the VW, but as soon as I opened the garage and realized it was great weather,..... I went back into the house and got the Bonnie key and off to run the 15 minute errand...... for about 45 minutes and a few miles on the Bonnie's clock.

Of course it should happen more often, but when it does it's schweet.

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
These can be the best kind of rides! The ones when you need to go to the store that is only a 2 mile trip and you are returning home after a 150 miles :)

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
Ha! yeah, I was barnstorming today myself. I hit my groove after about 20 miles when I realized a couple of my favorite roads had been repaved smooth like butter, but had not gotten lines yet. That was fun, 100% passing zones. Came up behind a dude on a really cool looking sportster who thought he could school me. He couldn't, but it was a fun ride.

We got waay too many yahoos driving around at 25 mph clogging up all our beautiful roads. Way too many cars period. Seriously, it is getting bad in southern NY.

Agree about way too many cars out there. Need to reinstate some of those old billboards from WW2, "is this trip really necessary?"

I'm 28, but a very old soul...

Last edited:

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
Good Lord people....there has always been a risk factor associated with motorcycles; 1912 or 2012. If safety is the #1 concern then purchase a walker and stay home. I'm continuing on my 100 mile rideouts when I only intended on heading to the store. Yes there are risks and I will remain vigilant as I always do but this is part of the package that we get when we throw a leg over a bike.

I didn't mean too many cars as in they're making it dangerous. I just mean I hate how crowded Massachusetts is. I'm just bitching about the nuisance factor. Haha

Im with you on getting sick of everyone quaking in their boots about motorcycling. I've had two friends give it up this season alone. Oh well, cest la vie.

I did the same thing today, by the way. Went to grab a coffee and instead did a long circuit of my area. So long in fact, I ran out of gas!

Kirkus51

Hooligan
On a side note. A couple of days ago, on Friday, I took a ride up one of my favorite canyons by the Mile Hi city. No traffic in front of me for miles and miles. A truly fantastic ride. Well, there was one SUV in front of me but he pulled over and I wasn't crowding him or anything.

Last edited:

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
Good Lord people....there has always been a risk factor associated with motorcycles; 1912 or 2012. If safety is the #1 concern then purchase a walker and stay home. I'm continuing on my 100 mile rideouts when I only intended on heading to the store. Yes there are risks and I will remain vigilant as I always do but this is part of the package that we get when we throw a leg over a bike.

Matt, are you on the right thread???

KingBear

Hooligan
It's been a great riding season for me. I've spent more time riding than any year since I got my bike six years ago. Even did a few events including Rolling Thunder (would never do it again though) and the Extortion 17 Memorial Ride. Also rode to work more than ever before, mostly out of necessity while my cage was in the body shop. Unfortunately I'll be traveling for a big chunk of the autumn season, normally my favorite time for riding.

Ride every chance you get, winter is coming!

So true KingBear. In MA it's already too cold in the morning to ride to work, and too cold when I get home from the same.

I know some of you dudes ride no matter what, but I just can't handle anything below 40 degrees anymore.

Once the sun comes up it's beautiful, but I'm always in a shop during those 8 hours.

Oh well! No complaints really. I just hope that during the long dark winter (and no hockey!) you guys in the warmer climes will keep up deep in pictures and ride reports!

B06Tang, ever ride Okinawa? When I went to Japan I wanted to go there, but my friends weren't into it. Isn't it very tropical there?

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
So true KingBear. In MA it's already too cold in the morning to ride to work, and too cold when I get home from the same.

I know some of you dudes ride no matter what, but I just can't handle anything below 40 degrees anymore.

Once the sun comes up it's beautiful, but I'm always in a shop during those 8 hours.

Oh well! No complaints really. I just hope that during the long dark winter (and no hockey!) you guys in the warmer climes will keep up deep in pictures and ride reports!

B06Tang, ever ride Okinawa? When I went to Japan I wanted to go there, but my friends weren't into it. Isn't it very tropical there?

I have never ridden Okinawa and unfortunately it is stupid expensive to travel inside the country. I have ridden the hell out of the mainland though to include a 5 day bike/camp trip to Hokkaido last year where I rode the entire coastline of the island. Japan has some amazing riding and I will miss it when it is time to go.

Have you checked into any of the EXO heated line? I have their gloves and vests...plugs right into your battery and keeps you toasty warm. I have gone on a 500 mile trip on a 10 degree January day. No issues whatsoever other than having to piss more often than usual! Something you might want to check into if you are wanting to ride into late fall/early winter.

Sal Paradise

Hooligan

Too true. Dark and cold are not my thing either and the fact I know it is coming makes these fall rides bittersweet. Working really gets in the way of things , don't it? If I had my own buisiness I would definately offer ( and work) alternate hours, like 4 am to noon, or 2 pm to 10 pm. I'm an architect, not a farmer.

JimmyR

Street Tracker
I went for a ride today because it was so sunny. Where I live the football grand final was on (our Aussie version of the superbowl) so the roads were super quiet. Rode along the coast for a while, came home, changed the oil (!) so of course I had to ride to check the bike still ran. Still cool enough to need the leather jacket but beautiful riding weather. And the bike seemed to like the new oil.

It never gets too cold to ride here. But around February it does almost get too hot.

Twodogs

Street Tracker
These can be the best kind of rides! The ones when you need to go to the store that is only a 2 mile trip and you are returning home after a 150 miles :)
Just have to remember to get the bread and milk on the way home...........squashed bread and warm milk I can handle but a missus that is pissed off about the fact that the bread is squashed and the milk is warm I cannot.........sort of brings the mood down...... FAST

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
Just have to remember to get the bread and milk on the way home...........squashed bread and warm milk I can handle but a missus that is pissed off about the fact that the bread is squashed and the milk is warm I cannot.........sort of brings the mood down...... FAST

No way...ride fast enough and the milk should stay cold!! :rocks::lol::motorbike2: